The OSNN Debate

Haha, that explains it
laugh.gif

That wouldn't be bad would it. :p

A race between who has the most posts maybe, :D :rolleyes:

No, i personally dont think im being stupid. Ive been with This site ever since Xp-erience.org and over the years i have seen the ups and downs of the site. Seeing when it was mostly at its best with Xp-erience.org then suddenly slowing down abit with NTFS.org

Now yea, i know that there are needs to be changing of the server and whatnot considering their are new admins etc. But this site has changed 3 times now! 3! i mean in experience of Xp-erience.org and NTFS.org, they are in a way Milestones to this site which in my opinion is:

Xp-erience.org = great site
NTFS.org = good site
OSNN.net = ??? (who knows if it will continue to drop, or if this is a way point for the site to turn around)

Now, i wasnt happy when you (the site) converted to ntfs.org considering Xp-erience.org was doing so well in the first place

I also think that even though i wasnt pleased with the switch with xp-erience.org to ntfs.org, i was kinda ok with it and grew to like it because the sites name was easily accosciated to its purpose but OSNN just looks like a pile of letters put together to make a couple of words (operating systems news network).. what about the Forum based part of the site... i personally wouldnt call that news and it seems to be one of the main sections of the site itself. Even as i am writing this, i am thinking about a name for the site and i understand that it is hard to choose a name that fits and sounds right but even the little guy (me) can have a say in things right? :confused:

All in all, i could simply put "bring back Xp-erience.org" too on my signature since that was a great site! and yea, NTFS.org was a good site too, but i wouldnt agree by far it was as good as xp-erience.org

But thats just my opinion EP. Im sorry that you feel differently or against my thoughts but i do get to have a say.. right?

Alex

No, we/I don't own the domain name. I asked waddy for it he said no.
We can't have ntfs.org

Appears that the "New Posts" link times out after a bit. If I browse new posts, but then come back to it a bit later and hit the back button, it tells me the link doesn't exist. Hmmm. Using FireFox.

We changed from Xp-erience.org because of technical reasons and problems with the hosts, we can't change back cause they kept the name. The same is basically true for this change. We CAN'T have NTFS back, its gone.
The reason Xp-erience.org was "better" was because XP was new, the forums and site where full of discovery, new things being found, tweaks, features etc. XP is old hat now, the only way to stay alive is to expand into other areas, other windows OS's and non MS ones now as well

Nobody wanted any of the forced moves from Xp-erience.org, although there's a good chance it would have changed anyway since we wanted to move away from being solely XP and solely Windows. Lifes a bitch, you've gotta roll with the punches. we have to make the best of what we have.

As for having your say there was a whole thread about the change and name suggestions, you posted not once. The decision had to be made quickly for site to continue smoothly.

In the end its only a name. Its the people that make the site what it is, and if we all stick together we can bring at least some of the glory of the past back again

Khayman said:
We changed from Xp-erience.org because of technical reasons and problems with the hosts, we can't change back cause they kept the name. The same is basically true for this change. We CAN'T have NTFS back, its gone.
The reason Xp-erience.org was "better" was because XP was new, the forums and site where full of discovery, new things being found, tweaks, features etc. XP is old hat now, the only way to stay alive is to expand into other areas, other windows OS's and non MS ones now as well

Nobody wanted any of the forced moves from Xp-erience.org, although there's a good chance it would have changed anyway since we wanted to move away from being solely XP and solely Windows. Lifes a bitch, you've gotta roll with the punches. we have to make the best of what we have.

As for having your say there was a whole thread about the change and name suggestions, you posted not once. The decision had to be made quickly for site to continue smoothly.

In the end its only a name. Its the people that make the site what it is, and if we all stick together we can bring at least some of the glory of the past back again

Well said, Khayman
happy.gif

Xie:
Did you know that volunteeers also can not be fired!!!! :rolleyes:

Posted by Khayman

Thats why ive stuck with this site since every change.. it just takes abit of time for me to get back on the ball with it :p

As for the thread about the renaming.. as i said, i find it hard to find something that would cover everything better

NTFS = News Team for Systems :p thats the one i thought up but didnt post. Ashamed of any flaming possibly and since the name only covered the news area of the site

Xperience = 'Xperience the world of operating systems' is another one i thought up for the new name :(

Alex

The quick reply with quote button, goes to same page as the normal quote reply button

what's up with this?

I first came to this site when it was xp-erience.org. I liked it because it was interesting and a lot of people visited. Then you guys decided you wanted to make the site less windows dependant so you changed to ntfs.org. I didn't like the change and liked the old site better, but over time i tried to get used to ntfs.

Then a couple months ago the forums crashed and all the data was wiped out. I had to re-register, fine. Now you guys are yet again renamed, for the same reason - to 'broaden' the sites scope. Well excuse me, wasn't that the point of going to ntfs.org in the first place?

I personally hate this new site, osnn. To me it's too simliar to slashdot's osdn. Everytime i come to this site i think of slashdot.

The problem is you guys have forgotten where you came from, forgotten who you users are. You guys started out as a small time site that got a lot of members because of your unique content and focus on windows. Now you guys are suffering from a big ego and trying to become osnews.com, or who knows what.

You guys need to stick with what you're good at - a small time site that specialized on windows users. If people want to use linux, then fine - go to slashdot.org. The problem is by becoming a site for all people, you lose your uniqueness and become just like every other nameless news site.

Looking at the forum database - only 1500 users - im not the only one that feels this way. You guys are going downhill. Take my advice - go back to a small site, get rid of the ego. Stop screwing with the forums. People hate change and im no exception. Give people enough change and they'll stop coming.

Which is what im doing, im not coming back to this site. There are other sites that are smaller, but have much better content and community. Look around here, you see the same people you saw years ago. This place ain't getting new people.

-gosh

I wish it was like xperience, the colours the layout it was more user friendly.

i did mine, but cheated until I have time to stop doing selfless upgrades :D

After the data was lost here, i left... I like to just browse around and look at threads, but at this rate it's not going to come back... it's a shame really, but by the looks of the changing of this website i doubt the website will ever become big again... Sorry, i've moved to neowin...

-lieb39

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back