The OSNN Debate

Electronic Punk said:
Fair enough, but I think one thread on the topic will do ?
Agreed, but this thread now looks like so.

Sense->Sense->Sense->Chaos->Dribble->Err..?->Sense->Sense. :p :D

I don't know what's wrong with people. They're leaving just because they don't like the name.

I know most people probably don't know me around here, I usually only post in the desktop threads. Anyway I've been coming to the site since it was xp-erience and I'd just like to say that I'm sticking around. I come here for news and such usually more than once a day and a name change isn't going to keep me from that.

The only problem I have is breaking my hands of the habit of typing ntfs, oh well I'll get over it. Before the official change was made there were a lot of suggestions for names that I really didn't like, osnn was definitely one of the better ones. I think that if all these people want to leave because of a friggin name change then we are better off without them anyway.

To all the mods and the rest of the loyal community, keep up the good work everybody.

ps: I think a smaller version of the blue ball w/ osnn on it would make a killer favicon :D

all answers to life can be found in the stonecutter's!!!!!!!!!! Man I think i'm cool cause I come here but man if I was a stonecutter I would be the coolest

@ EP: ha ha... same here. :). I also changed my user title from "NTFS.org" to "OSNN.net" :p

Did I miss something? Was I asleep and missed a HUGE destruction of things and then before I awoke it was put back together just how it was or something? This is the same damn site it was last week and the week before. Only thing that has change is the name (and if your so stuck on a name that you can no longer visit your a sad, sad case) and the upgrade to vb3 that was going to happen anyways. It is also I'm sure in no way in its final form as EP has said in a few threads I think that he will be working on new themes and there are tweaks and such to make it more like it was. So for anybody that can't just chill and feel the need to bail on such a lame basis .. good-day. :p

</rant>

Forget what some people think of the name. I'd just like to say thank you EP for sticking with the site and not letting it die off. They can try and stomp us into the ground but we keep coming back ;)

Good job on the transition over to the new domain btw. I'm glad I didnt have to register again and that all the posts are still available! You could have called this site OSsholes.edu and I would still have happily returned ;)

gosh said:
The problem is you guys have forgotten where you came from, forgotten who you users are. You guys started out as a small time site that got a lot of members because of your unique content and focus on windows. Now you guys are suffering from a big ego and trying to become osnews.com, or who knows what.

You guys need to stick with what you're good at - a small time site that specialized on windows users. If people want to use linux, then fine - go to slashdot.org. The problem is by becoming a site for all people, you lose your uniqueness and become just like every other nameless news site.

Looking at the forum database - only 1500 users - im not the only one that feels this way. You guys are going downhill. Take my advice - go back to a small site, get rid of the ego. Stop screwing with the forums. People hate change and im no exception. Give people enough change and they'll stop coming.

Which is what im doing, im not coming back to this site. There are other sites that are smaller, but have much better content and community. Look around here, you see the same people you saw years ago. This place ain't getting new people.

-gosh

Bull****. I've been with the fantastic and pretty damn intelligent people here at this consortium since february of 2003 - and I've had my ups and downs, but the people here have been nothing but helpful and kind to my new goofy ass... "gosh", if you have such a problem with people WANTING change, get out. thanks ok bye. As PK said (and any idiot can tell you) change is the ONLY thing that can be certain... that which does not change does not live.

Mods, admins, gods of x-perience, ntfs, osnn, and whatever the hell you decide to change it to and call it in the future - nice bloody job. Slick forums, useful information, and a great community. good work, keep it up, and all that stuff. You have my, and most everyone's support. The truth is the site hasn't changed all that much... for those people that say it has transformed and in doing so turned itself into a piece of crap, well, Id pretty much say they were imagining it. Evolution. Grow up.

-as for the emphasis on other operating systems, good. I'm an XP user, linux newbie, but I'm interested in the other stuff as well. Not surprisingly, so are a lot of other people. Good move, people, good move.

Right, I'd like to make one thing clear. All the name changes/server moves we've ever made have NOT been our choice. They have been forced on to us due to circumstances beyond our control.

As PK said (and any idiot can tell you) change is the ONLY thing that can be certain... that which does not change does not live.
did I just get called an idiot?? :eek: :D

:edit: Damn these smilies suck, we will have to change them :edit:

PseudoKiller said:
:edit: Damn these smilies suck, we will have to change them :edit:
Please do for the love of all things good in this world ! :D

NerdUprising said:
-as for the emphasis on other operating systems, good. I'm an XP user, linux newbie, but I'm interested in the other stuff as well. Not surprisingly, so are a lot of other people. Good move, people, good move.

Ditto. And thanks for the smooth transition. I started coming here when it was xp-erience. I'd rather see a little tweak in the coverage vs. losing the site.

This place provides some great info (and is a good diversion while at work).

Props to the xp-erience/ntfs/osnn mods and crew.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back