The OSNN Debate

I had made a very long post explaining why etc, but I didn't post it. Too much trouble, if they stay here, they can experience the true feeling of our community

I am not a grey person. I like majorgeeks, neowin, techconnect, iexbeta, winbeta and ntfs (osnn) and mister.de

Could be a better site if it was spruced up with some yellow, green, blue, red and black.

I am not a regular, I visit maybe 4 times a week. :)

I have been around from XP-erience and am proud to say I will stay its not a true community if we dont stick through thick and thin!

What's all this about ego? The decision to broaden the scope of the site beyond XP had nothing to do with anybody's ego.

The point is XP is old now. It's been around for long enough that people have become familiar with it. During the XP-erience days, it was a new OS with big changes from earlier versions, and that was one of the reasons why there was so much activity. The number of problems and questions people have about XP were bound to decrease over time, which was why we decided to go above and beyond just that.

Now I understand change can be hard to deal with, and the migration from XP-erience to NTFS was admittedly a big one. The forum database loss was a big deal too. But come on, the switch from NTFS to OSNN was barely even noticeable apart from the changed name and logos. Everything is exactly the same as it was. The transition happened within a matter of an hour or so. There was barely any downtime either. Kudos to EP and X-Istence for a job well done.

So what makes this little change so difficult to deal with? If the change from NTFS to OSNN is causing people to leave, I'm sorry, I don't understand it. See ya. It's been nice having you around.

Hope you don't mind if I butt in as a kinda n00b...I've been around for a couple of years but stayed inactive. Because of that my acct seemed to have been closed and just dropped back in today and got re-established. Regardless of what this place is called, you seem to have a great staff running it. EP has helped out in my home turf @ techzonez and is good people. I really don't think the staff will let this place run down...

i agree, still the same site, the change was super smooth thats to x-istence + [e]-punk.

i have also been here since xp-erience + will be staying, the people make the forums what they are, you want to leave to neowin etc then go, you probebly wont be missed if you have an atitude like that were you leave after minor unavoidable changes.

Perhaps if you stopped whining and stayed a part of the community (I'm not saying that you're not) then it'd would still be the same as XP-erience.

of for **** sake, just grow up and piss off!!

shameful just shameful. one constant in the universe is change.
maybe there have been a few problems but nothing so bad to warrent the reactions around here. It seems to be easy to point out a problem and make threatening and belittling statements, but we can tell who is there with and for us. This is a free site. You are not forced to see intrusive ads or popups. Its nice to see who our true members and friends are. Sorry to see you go, but please dont let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

To expand on PK's point, we will never, or not purposefully) have pop-ups or pop-unders on this site!

NetRyder said:
Haha, that explains it
laugh.gif
seems ok now..... mmm must be a glitch in the Matrix :)

I merged all these threads, as I believe they share a common theme and much of the discussion is inter-twined anyway.

I hereby proclaim that merging of multiple threads is a stronger evil than horizontal scrolling :eek:

Oh god there's some whingers out there,you'd think it was the end of the world
It always amazes me how people go on sometimes :rolleyes:

Fair enough, but I think one thread on the topic will do ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back