old Futuremark 3DMark2001 SE Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lent Unreal 2 out to a mate at the other end of the country. Ah well, will see it one day jiggied up.

May try Splinter Cell tho I am pretty bored of that now :D
Also got Metal Gear Solid 2 here, which had a patch for the ati cards released yesterday... ;)

I get in 3dmark03 around 4200 so ATI9800pro gives more 1000 that's it:)

My stats are in my sig...I get 13968 in 3dmark01

Not bad for a ti4200, one of the higher I've seen.

Originally posted by Octopus
I get in 3dmark03 around 4200 so ATI9800pro gives more 1000 that's it:)

that would be around 15% better than your score would it not :)

Originally posted by Sazar
that would be around 15% better than your score would it not :)

and if I had enough ram (256 now) I'd gain more points
besdies this won't the new 3.3 catalyst gives a boost of 5% for 9700pro?so that's 10% more:)

I am not a big fan of 3dmark *any version*(and thats why i dont post on their site!) but my 2001se scores are 11150 not overclocked and 12200 overclocked using 43.51 drivers... lying about your score is just sad.

System Shuttle SS51G + Intel 2.4b cpu +512 samsung 333 +xfx ti4200 64mb version.

Overclocked means fsb @140 and card running at 295/600.

but for a few fps on each game i would rather run safe.

Sazar the only thing that puts me off ATi is the drivers...as i like messing with them and Nvidia are easy to remove/install....what are the Ati ones like can you try different ones by just add remove.. then try some different ones...as i dont want to borx my system up...as you can tell planning next card to buy.

Originally posted by BonyTony
I am not a big fan of 3dmark *any version*(and thats why i dont post on their site!) but my 2001se scores are 11150 not overclocked and 12200 overclocked using 43.51 drivers... lying about your score is just sad.

System Shuttle SS51G + Intel 2.4b cpu +512 samsung 333 +xfx ti4200 64mb version.

Overclocked means fsb @140 and card running at 295/600.

but for a few fps on each game i would rather run safe.

Sazar the only thing that puts me off ATi is the drivers...as i like messing with them and Nvidia are easy to remove/install....what are the Ati ones like can you try different ones by just add remove.. then try some different ones...as i dont want to borx my system up...as you can tell planning next card to buy.

ati drivers can be easily removed/added as well :)

I do it if there is anything I don't like about a particular set...

ati did not have regular updates earlier on like around 2 years ago... but now they are far more regular than anyone else while have full WHQL certification from m$... which is nothing to laugh at :)

I use catalyst 3.1's... waiting patiently for the 3.3's :)

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Lent Unreal 2 out to a mate at the other end of the country. Ah well, will see it one day jiggied up.

May try Splinter Cell tho I am pretty bored of that now :D
Also got Metal Gear Solid 2 here, which had a patch for the ati cards released yesterday... ;)

You tried Metal Gear Solid 2 yet? Game any good? Whats the patch like, is it any good or is it a botch job??

3dmark 2001se = 14087
3dmark 2003 = 4738

Can't say much for the replay value of MGS2... I even skipped the cutscenes at the end, missing yet another twist in the daft plot...

Its 7 gigs, gfx on my gf3 were really stunning to be honest, I don't think I can be bothered to check it atm

The doom 3 alpha runs nicely tho with highquality.cfg executed... obvious slowdown when you shoot, down to 10fps (at close range anyway)

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Can't say much for the replay value of MGS2... I even skipped the cutscenes at the end, missing yet another twist in the daft plot...

Its 7 gigs, gfx on my gf3 were really stunning to be honest, I don't think I can be bothered to check it atm

The doom 3 alpha runs nicely tho with highquality.cfg executed... obvious slowdown when you shoot, down to 10fps (at close range anyway)

have you tried playing the alpha w/o shooting? so as to keep the fps high ?

I have heard playing fps's w/o shooting is good for the soul...

3dmark01se = 13 000

got powercolor 9700modded to pro,xp1800,512sdram pc133

Originally posted by prodj88

yes ok then thats a pretty bad score...

most games you will be looking @ around 3000 3dmarks in order to run based off of the old 2001SE benchmark version...

I am having problems with 3dmark 2001 after dragothic or before nature the computer and screen frezzes without any error messages. It's ver 330 and catalyst 3.4 9700 pro not overclocked and another this is 9700 get hot very soon (I know it's a hardware thing but since we are talking about it ;-). ). Mostly after installing vice city.

I dont see how vice city will be a part of this ... If your card is getting hot very fast that is a problem for sure ... do you have any way of seeing the cards temp?? Like on my Ti4200 I have a program that came with the card from MSI that opens like a web page and shows me everything and from that page I can set the alarms for the temp and the fan speed ...and adjust the clocks and lots more ...so back to you , you would need to find the cards temps ...also look at your cpu temps ..heat is a killer and will cause lock ups , so does over clocking but you say your not over clocked ..... you could open the side panel or case and place a fan blowing into the case and see if this helps ...if it does then you need better cooling in your rig ...add case fans or find a better fan for cooling your card ...or take the card back and tell them it runs too hot they will replace the fan or the card ...:)

No I don't have that kinda programe but I new this when computer restart for no reason so I grounded myself and touched the heatsink on the gpu and it was hot I mean it. I checked the gpu clock speed by 3dmark 03's system info. What was the name of the programe u are using.

Description RADEON 9700 PRO
Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc.
Total Local Video Memory 128 MB
Total Local Texture Memory 128 MB
Total AGP Memory 0 B
Driver File ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version 6.14.1.6307
Driver Details 7.84-030228a1-008040C-ATI
Driver Date 2-28-2003
Driver WHQL Certified true
Max Texture Width 2048 px
Max Texture Height 2048 px
Max User Clipping Planes 6
Max Active Hardware Lights 8
Max Texture Blending Stages 8
Fixed Function Textures In Single Pass 8
Vertex Shader Version 2.0
Pixel Shader Version 2.0
Max Vertex Blend Matrices 37
Max Texture Coordinates 8
VGA Memory Clock 310.5 MHz
VGA Core Clock 324.0 MHz
PCI
Name RADEON 9700 PRO
Vendor ID 0x1002
Device ID 0x4e44
SubSystem ID 0x00021002
Revision ID 0x00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back