NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Where are our sigs?

Zedric said:
Acctually, do worry. Liquidninjas have turned the serviceoff since itseems to be easting too much bandwidth. So there might notbe a publicservice available anymore from now on. I'm looking for othersig hoststhat does the same at the moment. We may also have to hack ourown siggenerator. I'll look at that too.
Yes....I just read it from their site.We will see....

I've disabled DCS. I beleive this to be a cause of MAJOR trafficcongestion on the LiquidNinjas.com site recently. Because of recentpeaks in DCS use, it's usage was pushing the limits of my bandwidth.This was causing slowdowns for LiquidNinjas.com, as well as my otherhosted sites.

As of right now, the removal of DCS is temporary. If I find that thesites speed do not improve in the next day or so, I will look in toalternatives. However, I have a feeling that DCS was the culprit forour problems and its likely that I'll HAVE to disable it in its currentform.

I will attempt to enable DCS for LiquidNinjas members, and perhaps ahandful of other sites upon request. I will also look in to codingoptions to reduce the bandwidth usage. These options may include dailystatic image generation, and probably hosting these static images onmirror servers, or allowing website owners daily download access tohost their own sigs.

Honestly, although I can revise DCS to work more efficiently, Im notsure about actually doing it. There are a lot of similar services outthere, possibly with better support and bandwidth, and i have otherprojects I am much more interested in. DCS was a project to help melearn PHP and just to see if I could do something interesting likestats sigs. Ive been really proud about how popular it's been. Butwhere does it go from here?

I think my limited bandwidth would be better served for other purposes.If I had $2000 right now, I'd be able to get improved hostingcapabilities and probably be able to host DCS no matter what thetraffic. But, we're a small site with no funds and cant afford tosupport a program with such a large user base.

Re: Folding@home Team page created.

showed it to some of my teachers, and they will probably join, and ill make them join our team YAY! i was in journalism today and i thought this is a good thing so i tried to find an article on it and i found one on wired.com so i read it and got a better undrestanding of what this is for, and i think its really cool, so im also ganna try to setup some computers at school which have it running in the backround in the admin accounts while the students use the student account, or just one dedicated computer or somthing, will have a talk with one of the tech teachers. all computers though will donate to our team

I'll have this first 2500 WU up in about 2 hours (my pc uptimeisn'tgreat. Might start leaving it on during the day from now on,butit's too loud to leave on at night :( )

Btw! Cheers for the rep xsiv :)

themafia_69 said:
showed it to some of my teachers, and they will probably join, and ill make them join our team YAY! i was in journalism today and i thought this is a good thing so i tried to find an article on it and i found one on wired.com so i read it and got a better undrestanding of what this is for, and i think its really cool, so im also ganna try to setup some computers at school which have it running in the backround in the admin accounts while the students use the student account, or just one dedicated computer or somthing, will have a talk with one of the tech teachers. all computers though will donate to our team

Thanks themafia_69 for joining and recruiting!

Good news for the folding team.

First WU finally completed! 2500 frames. My name should be on the board.. doesn't seem to be though :(

Now a 250 frame one.. lol

Chugging along quite nicely though, 18s/frame is average, 17s/frame ismy best and only got 33-43s/frame while running UT2k4 at the same timelol

Moonwraith said:
First WU finally completed! 2500 frames. My name should be on the board.. doesn't seem to be though :(
1. The stats are a bit slow, it can take an hour or so.
2. Did you assign the correct team number? 35216

Aaaallright boys and girls! The ninjas took the sigs down, but I spentthe day hacking together a new sig generator. It's OSNN specific at themoment, but who cares right? ;)

sig.php

http://zedric.no-ip.com/osnn/sig.php?user=Zedric&skin=OSNN

sig.php

http://zedric.no-ip.com/osnn/sig.php?user=Zedric&skin=OSNNSM

The generator is currently hosted on my home server (my 10Mbitconnection should be enough I guess). I can't make promises on uptimeand stuff like that so if anyone (i.e. admin) feels we should host iton OSNN instead, contact me.

Oh and one thing more. The average score figures (color coded of course;)) won't kick in until 24 hours has passed (to gather enough data), sountil this time tomorrow it will just say N/A.

Great stuff! Quick! Someone say something really profound! so I can spread my reps before I can give it back to Zedric. haha.

Oooooooh I don't feel naked any more - I am clothed in my sig! lol
Poor Zedric, he's done something really profound.
Yeeha

just a question, randomly.. the time per frame will jump upfrom18s/frame to something insane like 4 mins per frame? when i'm notdoinganything different? :crosseyed:

Anyway to cancel a current WU and get a new one? This one seemsto be causing issues... s'only a small one, but the number of framescompleted (Estimate says 30 odd done) is staying a 3/125... theneventually it jumps - any ideas?

man, i was passed :(

Well i can safely say that I'll never be taking over anyone.. on 57 point WU so far, now this dodgy one that gets to 50 estimated, then jumps back to 6 and continues at 6mins/frame... most confusing. Left it running today so we'll see if any annoying people turn it off again

Moonwraith said:
Well i can safely say that I'll never be takingoveranyone.. on 57 point WU so far, now this dodgy one that gets to50estimated, then jumps back to 6 and continues at 6mins/frame...mostconfusing. Left it running today so we'll see if any annoyingpeopleturn it off again

Don't feel bad. My notebook has just completed a 22 pointer and isnow on a huge 37 pointer. It reckons it will take another 15hours! You don't always get the big ones.
Remember that they all count and once they start it seems such ashame to stop them. I have found that the notebook performsbetter if you only allow F@H to use a maximum of 95% idle CPUtime. I don't know why but it just likes to keep a little inreserve....

By the way - I'd love to see mine doing 6mins/frame... :laugh:

Well i completed my first one which turned out to be a 57 pointer, completed that at mainly 18s/frame.. we'll see if my system is still running when i get home from college - unless i can sneak the program on here... no, i think that breaks the code of practise/conduct i've signed :cry:

Time per frame will differ from WU to WU and even fluctuate betweenframes in a WU. So it's not a good way to compare performance. ;)

Moonwraith: If it really is broken you can terminate FAH (and the core)and remove the work folder as well as queue.dat. Then FAH will get anew unit.

I've gone through the code for the sigs some more and found som sillybugs (one that kept average on "N/A" forever, doh!) and tidied the codea bit. We still don't know if the average figures will work correctly.;)

So many of you tweak things out and pay attention to points and sec/frame or whatever. Hell, I never even look at it. After I installed it and set things up like how much cpu to use, etc. I just let it go.

Zedric said:
I've gone through the code for the sigs some moreandfound som sillybugs (one that kept average on "N/A" forever, doh!)andtidied the codea bit. We still don't know if the average figureswillwork correctly.;)

Well till now seems to be working correctly.Is there a possibility to add new stats on it!? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back