NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Folding@home Team page created.

*arrgh* More bugs!
The average scores look pretty high too... Maybe I should do an 24haverage calculated on three days or so instead of just one... Thatshould give better figures. Or maybe even a week.

sharob said:
Come on - fight back!

I think he did! Brad has retaken your place from the official team page :cool:

This could get to be an exciting grudge match - a heck of a lot more exciting than when I was chasing XSIV!

Mainframeguy said:
a heck of a lot more exciting than when I was chasing XSIV!
Muahahaha, come and get me. :p I am only running 3 CPUs so it shouldn't be hard to do. ;)

xsivforce said:
So many of you tweak things out and pay attention to points and sec/frame or whatever. Hell, I never even look at it. After I installed it and set things up like how much cpu to use, etc. I just let it go.

:goodpost:

Never give up - never surrender
Our own version of leap frog.

Kedric - average over a week (7 days would be nice)

I have a Dual Intel P3 650MHz server and am trying to use folding@home with the dual mode (FAQ on the site) but cant seem to get it to work. Can anyone help me out?

My 3.4 HT Server only uses 50% of it's capability. Sucks..........

sharob said:
Kedric - average over a week (7 days would be nice)
I have no idea how you spelled that wrong. :p But yeah I'll do that, I'll just wait a week first to gather up the data.

Steevo: Run a secondary console process as a service. That works. Thegain is only about 20%, but I think it's worth it. No extra heat in mymachine compared to one process.

Zedric said:
I have no idea how you spelled that wrong. :p But yeah I'll do that, I'll just wait a week first to gather up the data.

I type with my thumbs (I can just never tell which one!)

:up: / Hiding under table --- too scared to type

Hey Vern - I'm coming for you! Better keep folding!

XSIV - those machines you have must be opteron or xeons! I'm impressed - then again I have an XP2600 server coming to my fold soon(ish) so hope to step up a bit, not sure I'll catch you though.... might take a while even if it is possible! ;)

ok its running on 2 school computers (one of them a mac g5, so that should do some help) and recruited 3 friends all to our team, and soon some of my teachers think this is cool, so we should be getting out of 310th place to a higher one soon :D

themafia_69 said:
ok its running on 2 school computers (one of them a mac g5, so that should do some help) and recruited 3 friends all to our team, and soon some of my teachers think this is cool, so we should be getting out of 310th place to a higher one soon :D
It's good that your helping but do make sure you have permission from those @ the top at school (aka more then a teacher .. maybe principle?). :classic:

Mainframeguy said:
XSIV - those machines you have must be opteron or xeons!
Nope, they are an AMD Thunderbird 1.4 a Pentium4 2.0 and a Pentium4 2.6.

My machine wants to take about a week doing each WU, am I missing something?

Zedric said:
Steevo: Run a secondary console process as a service.That works. Thegain is only about 20%, but I think it's worth it. Noextra heat in mymachine compared to one process.

You run two? Have i missed something? :rolleyes:

Electronic Punk said:
My machine wants to take about a week doing each WU, am I missing something?
Depends on what units you are crunching. If it's a 600 pointer (RIBO inthe name) a week sounds about right depending on hardware.

Moonwraith said:
You run two? Have i missed something? :rolleyes:
Yes, since I have a P4 HT I run two processes, one for eachsubprocessor. A normal FAH process can only use one of the processors.The second process is a console process since the graphical client canonly be run once.

I'm thinking about selling my XPS laptop and eventually getting a Powerbook, so my numbers might be cut in half over the next few weeks if it goes through.

Damn XPS is just too heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back