NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Folding@home Team page created.

10k points down, 20k here I come

Yay! :) I have all folding processes up and running again. Hopefully they won't throw packets away this time. ;)

wow, i dont know how this thing works and what it does to help research? do i have to be online for it to add up point or whatever? cuz i leave my pc on all the time, but not to the internet so i can leave it and then upload whn i get on the net

themafia_69 said:
wow, i dont know how this thing works and what itdoes to help research? do i have to be online for it to add up point orwhatever? cuz i leave my pc on all the time, but not to the internet soi can leave it and then upload whn i get on the net
You need to be online only when your pc have to sent the result to theStanford's servers and take new job to analyse.The rest of the time,all you have to do is to let the pc on.You can still work whatever youwere doing with no problem as when you work, the console is in idle. :)

Just clocked over past the 10,000 mark !
(The stats machine is still catching up)
Still trailing, but moving quickly.

12 days to the 2XX's

:w00t: :w00t:

Does the "C:\Program Files\Folding@Home\winFAH.exe" -advmethods -forceSSE trick still work? It doesn't like it for me..

Moonwraith said:
Does the "C:\ProgramFiles\Folding@Home\winFAH.exe"-advmethods -forceSSE trick still work?It doesn't like it forme..

Try using "C:\Program Files\Folding@Home\winFAH.exe" -advmethods -forceasm -verbosity 9
I think that the -forceSSE switch is now redundant.

sharob said:
Try using "C:\Program Files\Folding@Home\winFAH.exe" -advmethods -forceasm -verbosity 9

Work in the same way as the forceSSE to improve things somewhat?

This WU i'm working on is.. 2500 frames? :rolleyes: Says it'll take 47 days.. something's screwed.. gotta be

[Edit] Bloody hell, thank god it's sorted itself out, i was gettingabit worried.. down to 20s/frame S'more like it. Maybe i'll get roundtofinishing a WU this time, at least my tempts are handling ok,beenrunning 100% for 2/3 hours and i'm on 56. S'not too shabby,oldsystem would have died from temp problems a Looooooon time ago[/edit]

Well your system is eating mine for dust. I'm taking about 2mins/frame for 2500 frames.
Well they all coun't. I'm glad your up and working and at a good pace too.
We're trying to get solidly into the 200's and we are nearly there. All help is appreciated.

sharob said:

What does verbosity do? It says output level, but not sure what the translates into.

Anyway, up to 3 procs now.

My understanding: The -verbosity flag is useful when a finished wu is in the queue. By default, Folding tries to send this wu at some time -interval. When you put the -verbosity flag to 9 [ -verbosity 9] Folding@home will try this more often.
You also get more information in the logs and on the screen if you run the GUI version.

Glad to hear your up to 3 now.

Where are our sigs?

I've noticed that I can longer see our F@H sigs.
All other sigs are OK though.
Is it just me or is there a prob?

Re: Where are our sigs?

sharob said:
I've noticed that I can longer see our F@H sigs.
All other sigs are OK though.
Is it just me or is there a prob?

The server that gives the info for our sigs must be down.It hashappened and others times, but they fix it in the end.Don't worry. :)

Re: Where are our sigs?

maddoctor said:
The server that gives the info for our sigs must bedown.It hashappened and others times, but they fix it in the end.Don'tworry. :)
Acctually, do worry. Liquidninjas have turned the service off since itseems to be easting too much bandwidth. So there might not be a publicservice available anymore from now on. I'm looking for other sig hoststhat does the same at the moment. We may also have to hack our own siggenerator. I'll look at that too.

17 sec/frame. Nice, it's running well tonight, gonna leave my pcon as i go out and all night :) see if i can get at least one WUdone this time.. lol

I joined the group, but don't see my name on the list yet.

New folders!!!!!

Moonwraith and Admiral Michael, thanks for joining the OSNN Folding@Home team.

With all the new folders in the last month, maybe getting to 200th place may not be out of the question!

Admiral Michael said:
I joined the group, but don't see my name on the list yet.

Complete your first WU and you'll appear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back