NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
should the smp version start 4 instances of the exe on a amd 64 x2 ?

sorry been aware for a week, my processing box is back up and should post a new core result soon.

Check the team page. Butter bandit is kickin tail and taking names.

And he's all out of bubble gum.

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack. I got one of my servers back online, the dual Xeon. This should make things interesting.

Well Done Brad!:)

Are you running the Server alone? with the duel xeon

Well Done Brad!:)

Are you running the Server alone? with the duel xeon

The server is in a lab setup so it does not perform other duties often. Occasionally it will be used as a DHCP server or something like that but nothing really heavy duty.

i started to use the gpu client.. its pretty awesome... however, im kinda afraid it may stress my card too much..

anyone tried it already?

Well I'm back. I decided to start Folding again.

wb :)

I'm in the same boat mate. (move over!)
Whilst only being a home folder, my contribution will be low, but every little helps right?

So I previously ran the client (looong ago) and all was fine.

I changed from Outpost (which I knew like the back of my hand) to Comodo.
Let's just say that between winFAH.exe and Comodo the 2 are ganging up to give me a headache.

No matter what settings I use for the config of the client, or marking winFAH as fully trusted in Comodo. This damn client will NOT download a work unit!.

I'm guessing the servers are up and running their end, as it's been 2 days since I reinstalled the FAH client, so i've given enough time for it to be an issue their end. It's clearly my end that's the problem.

Has anyone else had probs akin to this?
I've had a good look through Stanford's site for port info etc, but the information I seek eludes me.
Do I need to grant port access to any other processes for example the system idle process?. I've kinda been through every option I can think of, at least in the short term, and it's driving me mad.

Any recommended reading/solutions would be appreciated.
I'd rather not spend any more of my time with trying to make this work unless I'm pretty damn sure it's going to work.

Whilst I'm not blaming either Stanford or Comodo for this (it's probably just something glaringly obvious I've missed) I'm kinda really missing my Outpost Firewall now. I know Comodo is free etc, but my time is not, and configuring this is becoming more hassle than it's 'free worth'

Using winFAH with Comodo? Please, what permissions did you use? and how did you have winFAH configured?
Any advice appreciated, and if you hit the proverbial nail on the head, it's a cookie for sure ;)

Glad to see some new blood and old blood getting onboard guys :)

i started to use the gpu client.. its pretty awesome... however, im kinda afraid it may stress my card too much..

anyone tried it already?

What video card?

I had it running on my Ati 1950 XT but the thing is, the vista client is pretty crap and would routinely lose my work when I closed the client for gaming.

If you are not gaming, it's actually not too bad, doesn't heat it up too bad and it was running my setup at 2d clocks. You can overclock @ 3d speeds for more WU's completed but it puts more stress on the card.

mm... its a x1950pro...

when running fah for a while it gets to like 70 °C or something...

I've been instructed to post here and tell y'all that I've been doin this, too.

Someone get her a tag, reps! The more the merrier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back