NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just approved requests for AllWeatherGal and Erbmaster - welcome guys :D

man my points stink, i've not been able to submit anything for ages, i think i've lost about 35,000 points over the last three weeks

I think I joined awhile back, but didn't use it.

What is this again, what exactly is it, do I do, etc?

I have you nub, it does not explain what it is, this isn't that counting your keystrokes is it?

No, it helps towards the finding of cures by identifying why errors in cell-folding occur and things of that nature. Hence the name :cool:

Folding errors lead to things like Cancer and identifying the errors can help us find a cure, unlike the mutated Malaria virus in "I Am Legend".

So how does me installing a program help with that?

I read it, I must be slow?

You are slow.

When you join, your computer will receive a project and will work on simulating (read: Folding) that project of cells or whatever. Your spare cpu cycles are used for this.

Once you are done, the project is sent back to Stanford University and you receive a new project to work on. Many people will work on the same simulation and their results will be tabulated and used by the project managers at the university.

It's all in the FAQ's brother :cool:

http://folding.stanford.edu/

emmm... small detail.. it's protein folding, not cells ;)

heheh.. i wanst trying to be a smartass :p

or.. maybe i was, but dont take it the wrong way =]

/me bans epk

If a punk gets shot in the forest, does he make a noise when he hits the ground?

:smoker:

i was gonna say something... but

mm... i think i'm gonna be quiet for a while now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back