NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll finish the first work unit then look at console version - letting it run overnight while im sleeping so might take a few days :eek:

Start subbing requests to get the badge and I'll add y'all when I get home tonight.

:)

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that I am going to have to take my work desktop offline because I am getting a new computer. The good news is that it is a Core 2 Duo laptop so I should be able to crank out some WUs. I will just have to make sure that I configure it so that it does not fold when the laptop is being powered by battery. New computer comes tomorrow

all my machines using the smp core, wow what a difference i'm hoping for 3000 points at least tomorrow. i'm not using my core 2 duo laptop though, don't really want the cpu to burn out.

im not sure how much i can do on a lowly 64 x2 but i'll give it a go, untill it melts my cpu :)

does the dual core/smp/ht (whatever) work on the same work unit just different frames or is it two completly different work units?

also there any easy to follw setup guides for the dual core/smp console version ? might get the old linux server i have doing a bit for the few hours a day its on :)

im not sure how much i can do on a lowly 64 x2 but i'll give it a go, untill it melts my cpu :)

does the dual core/smp/ht (whatever) work on the same work unit just different frames or is it two completly different work units?

also there any easy to follw setup guides for the dual core/smp console version ? might get the old linux server i have doing a bit for the few hours a day its on :)

carpo the install for the smp is very simple,

install the app, then go to the install folder and click on install.bat, (you need to have created a password for your xp or vista login), press enter or enter your username, then enter your password

you'll see it say something like, "if you see blah blah twice its worked"

then click or press a button to close window, next click on "fah" app follow instructions, unless you need to change how much cpu you'll use, pass over the advanced options, make sure you type yes to allow files larger than 5mbs.

if you have any other questions let me know.

also i would not allow this to be a service as i've found it doesn't work all that well, instead once this is done and if you turn off your machine, upon reboot go into the fah folder again and click on fah to get it working again.

thanks

or follow below

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-SMP#ntoc2

Windows: High performance clients (GPU, SMP) Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista GPU Client GUI version 5.91 beta6

Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista GPU Client console version (with multi-GPU support) 6.00 beta 1

Windows 2000/XP/Vista SMP client console version 5.91 beta

looks like they do :)

Carpo, I added you to the folding list so you can put the badge on when you sub if you want :cool:

thanks! thought i had to doat least one unit first - be about anouther 12 hours or so, then i will switch to the console version :)

Last edited:
omfg.... i jumped 4 ranks in one day.... welcome to the world of smp.... ok so i'm competitive, sorry... :)

Well team as of 12:00am Saturday I will be giving my PS3 a rest. I had it running for 14 days straight. It was an experiment I wanted to do a see how it did, I am glad I was able to contribute to the team with it. but I want to play some games now :) my numbers will fall due to I only have 2 other rigs, 1 Old Duron and a 3000+ AthlonXP. i will give it a go in the future...

When F@H stats site says its performing updates, please wait 15 minutes exactly how long should I be waiting. I just tried again and its been over an hour.

Sometimes it takes awhile for them to finish, they are dealing with terrabytes of data. So.........

I had to take two clients off the project, a laptop here for lack of resources, and my old compy in the oher store VIA RDC as they siad it shutoff twice in one day, and it is "making noise" to the tune of a squeal, so I believe the PSU is dieing.

But we are opening another location, and more new compys there too means more folding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back