Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, as gonaads just pointed out, opening most gifs in image editors etc will play them at the real speed, I always round it odd that Opera was the only browser (to my knowledge) to play them at real speed when embedded into web-pages, I guess the Fox team are working on the small glitches now the browser is nice and stable :)

Yeah, I'm really happy with the feature set of 0.9 that's going to carry over to 1.0
Couldn't ask for anything more really.
smile.gif

You could ask for cake, whether you'd get it is a different matter.

I'm really wanting the 1.0 release now! :D according to the time line though, the OSX release will be tweaked and released after the Win32.. how much later though I don't know :\

I would like Oreo Pie with Ice Cream Cake... And a soon (like, in a month) release of 1.0 :D

But on the topic of the GIFs, now people building sites will have to take into consideration the real time speed. Now yer gonna have to check them more before ya upload. :p

One thing that I just found... the hard way, is that if you install the Macromedia Shockwave Plugin in 0.9, the browser takes a serious dump on itself when you try to test it out or use it. This is on my Work's computer. So this is sucky. :(

gonaads said:
One thing that I just found... the hard way, is that if you install the Macromedia Shockwave Plugin in 0.9, the browser takes a serious dump on itself when you try to test it out or use it. This is on my Work's computer. So this is sucky. :(
Did you close it before install? Also I think it asks you to reboot (I never do though hehe).

No it didn't ask for a reboot. But the browser did shut down... twice. Each time it frickin crashed. :p

Your suppose to close it before install I believe .. I rarely do though and thats probably half the reason that it ask for a reboot .. 2nd half being its windows :rolleyes:

Son of aaaaaaaaaa Biiiiiiiiiiiiitch! Now it works.

I reinstalled the plugin with all browsers shut down, turned off, stuck in the frickin closet.

I hate the simple things. Why the f00k don't they tell ya to close yer browser before installing! ARGGGGGGGG!!!

Installation Instructions

1. Click the "Download Now" button to begin installing Macromedia Shockwave Player.

2. When asked, save the Installer to your desktop.

3. When the download is complete, locate the Installer and double-click on it. The Installer will launch and dialog boxes will lead you through the rest of the installation process.

4. When the Macromedia Shockwave Player movie begins playing, your installation is successful.

If you have installation questions or need help troubleshooting the Macromedia Shockwave Player, see our Support Center.

Find answers about Macromedia Shockwave Player privacy, licensing, developing Shockwave content, and more in our list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

SEE... Nowhere do they tell ya.

And pleeeeeeease don't tell me it's an unwrittin rule or i'm gonna shot ya. :p

muzikool said:
Why did you stick it in a closet? :confused: :p

It was lookin at me funny... and it don't play well with others. :p

gonaads said:
SEE... Nowhere do they tell ya.

And pleeeeeeease don't tell me it's an unwrittin rule or i'm gonna shot ya. :p
Actually right after you double click the installer it says ..
Welcome to the Shockwave Player Setup Program.

Before begining, exit all other applications, including your Web browser.

Click Next to continue with the Setup program.

/me hides

firefox & thunderbird rulez ! :D

made this new sig and av from scratch of this wicked browser and e-mailclient,

turned out very well if i may say so :D

Xie said:
Welcome to the Shockwave Player Setup Program.

Before begining, exit all other applications, including your Web browser.

Click Next to continue with the Setup program.

/me hides

*pulls out long range "snipe" rifle* :mad: :p

Yeah it do... *looks for proctologist in phone book to remove foot from ass* :p

gonaads said:
*looks for proctologist in phone book to remove foot from ass* :p
I'll do it for an iBook/Powerbook :D

Also very nice wadada.

This sucks, we lost some good posts. That might come in handy for somebody in the future. :(

If the queries arise again, the solutions will be posted.

Damn, those links for 0.9.1 went south... north... somewhere. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back