Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
middle click normally shoots ya right back down :D (or mouse wheel)

gballard said:
I been using Mozilla bout 2 weeks now and I like it pretty well except when I am using the web interface for EasyNews....I can be on a page full of links and then click on a link to look at somethin and then when i page back it never leaves me where I was...it always takes me back to the top of the page....is there a fix for this?
Could be the website, as Xie said. The previous version of vBulletin that ran on this board until a week ago had the same issue, but it was fixed with the current version. Not sure what caused it though, I think they just left out javascript:self.focus, which is no longer present in the current vb version.

Awesome, awesome extension for Mozilla/Firefox - BBedit; especially if you're a forum junkie...this thing is indispensable! :D Read more about it here

The GMailCompose extension (also mentioned on the same page) might be great if you use your Gmail account often. :)

Yup, it's a beauty.
smile.gif

NetRyder said:
Awesome, awesome extension for Mozilla/Firefox - BBedit; especially if you're a forum junkie...this thing is indispensable! :D Read more about it here

The GMailCompose extension (also mentioned on the same page) might be great if you use your Gmail account often. :)

very nice :D

Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird users: Make sure you install the new security patch XPI or install the latest minor versions that incorporate the patch.
More details in this frontpage story, and this thread.

The patch is easy to do .. just click xpi (make sure you have "enable software install" checked) and then "install" .. close and reopen mozilla/firefox/thunderbird and your all set. I'm happy to see an easy fix like this in such a short time. :)

Xie said:
The patch is easy to do .. just click xpi (make sure you have "enable software install" checked) and then "install" .. close and reopen mozilla/firefox/thunderbird and your all set. I'm happy to see an easy fix like this in such a short time. :)
Yep, very quick and painless.
Automatic software update is going to be the killer feature though.
grin.gif

thunderbird themes

i just got the latest thunderbird version ,i've noticed that the themes option is no longer offered in the options menu.
is that correct?

bluzeboy said:
i just got the latest thunderbird version ,i've noticed that the themes option is no longer offered in the options menu.
is that correct?
Sounds like you've moved from a pre-0.7 version of Thunderbird. Themes and Extensions don't appear in the main options dialog anymore. They're separate menu items in the Tools menu now.
This was done because of the new Themes and Extensions managers that will soon enable you to keep your themes/extensions always up to date automatically.
smile.gif

fixing that hole was the easiest thing I've ever done to update a program...love firefox!

bluzeboy said:
i saw that but there was only 1 theme offered , is that correct?
True. You can always download and install additional themes though. Once you do that, they should appear in the Themes dialog.

EDIT: Themes are extensions from pre-0.7 builds don't get carried over to 0.7.x If you had installed some themes/extensions prior to installing 0.7.2, you will need to install updated versions of them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back