Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried that and it didn't work. I got it back by copying everything in my old default folder and pasting it into the new one. Probably not the best way to do it but I made a backup of the stuff in the new default folder before overwriting it. :)

strange, worked on linux here. [I accidently clicked cancel during the initial startup and therefore didn't transfer my settings <_<] The migration [or whatever] tool worked perfect in BSD.

Weird. Didn't work at all for me. I even updated to the 1.3 one just to see if the old one wasn't compatible. I like the speed though. It seems much faster. Now I need to get the calendar for thunderbird and I'll be up to date. :)

dang! anyone got the link for the calendar? I'm batting a thousand tonight!

funky dredd said:
Weird. Didn't work at all for me. I even updated to the 1.3 one just to see if the old one wasn't compatible. I like the speed though. It seems much faster. Now I need to get the calendar for thunderbird and I'll be up to date. :)

I'm talking about the little wizard thingy that transfers your settings the first time you run 0.9, not the actual backup tool :)

hmmm...I didn't get that! I've been robbed! I found the calendar but it's for 6. Anyone know of one for 7?

Funky, just upgraded Firefox on my XP box, on first execution it asked to import settings from Firefox v0.8. Did you uninstall 0.8 first?

Yum! Thunderbird 0.7 is out too. Didn't see that one coming.
grin.gif

http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

I hate to say it but I went back to 0.8 :(

0.9 is just being toooo funky. Install an extension and it doesn't do anything. Uninstall and reinstall and nothing. Uninstall the whole browser then reinstall and it's still odd.

I even did in all manually. Frustrating... But I am happy with 0.8 :) It has never let me down, everything installs the first time... and it works.

I'll wait for 1.0 :D

Too bad.
hmm.gif

I don't use too many extensions, but the ones I've tried have worked fine for me. Hope the issues that a few of you are having get sorted out before 1.0

Yeah, Ya gotta understand that it's still a work in progress and I am fine with that.

I am faithful to my gekko. :D

Anyone else notice the funky GIF animations issue in FF 0.9? Lots (but not all, strangely enough) of GIFs animate much faster than they do in any other browser (including 0.8).
It's quite funny actually.
laugh.gif

Yeah I did notice it on a couple of instances. But for me, old news now. :p

Even the forums "manage attachments" window is rendered correctly again.

Well T-Bird 0.7 is quite stable... *Si of relief* :p

Even installed and using iCandy Jr. theme quite well. :D

Good to know...I'm getting ready to install it right now. Just backing up stuff first, to be on the safe side, of course.

EDIT: 0.7 up and running with no noticeable problems so far. Just have to wait for someone to update the Pinstripe theme. Hopefully, someone on Aqua-Soft takes up the task soon.

NetRyder said:
Anyone else notice the funky GIF animations issue in FF 0.9? Lots (but not all, strangely enough) of GIFs animate much faster than they do in any other browser (including 0.8).
It's quite funny actually.
laugh.gif
You mean at real speed? I think you'll find that Opera animates them at the correct speed too.

j79zlr said:
Funky, just upgraded Firefox on my XP box, on first execution it asked to import settings from Firefox v0.8. Did you uninstall 0.8 first?
Yes I did and it never asked me. Weird :confused:
Anyone know the link for the calendar that will work in 0.7?

In other news I havn't found any noticeable bugs in Mozilla 1.7RC3 ;) Only feature I can think of right now that it lacks is the warning for "close other tabs" that 1.8a branch has.

SPeedY_B said:
You mean at real speed? I think you'll find that Opera animates them at the correct speed too.

Wow, really? Is this supposed to be the actual animation speed?
Haha, it's pretty damn fast.
laugh.gif

NetRyder said:
Wow, really? Is this supposed to be the actual animation speed?
Haha, it's pretty damn fast.
laugh.gif

Yep, if ya download an animated gif and open it in say, Animation Shop. You will see it at full speed. It looks pretty damn fast. Then ya upload it or even open it in yer browser and in looks slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back