Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND:

Thunderbird 0.7.1
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/0.7.1/ThunderbirdSetup-0.7.1.exe

mmm.. mozilla ...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a2) Gecko/20040628

whats the link to the extensions, I lost those when I switched. Everything else worked but that...:()

edit* Found it...

Bman™ said:
whats the link to the extensions, I lost those when I switched. Everything else worked but that...:()

edit* Found it...

Cool thing is if ya reinstall it works. Well it's workin for me... now. When I was usin 0.8 and I up-ed to 0.9 it wouldn't work no matter what I did.

At my work it (TabBrowserExtensions) worked but the AdBlock extension did not. That 'puter is still wierd. AdBlock still don't work. :mad:

I downloaded the ZIP file to install 0.9, and there is no install file, its just installed already, I was wondering how I can uninstall it then?

edit* I want to uninstall it because I liked 0.8 better, and some things worked with it that do not work with 0.9....

Just go into Control Panel and do it that way.

no because the zip, unzip it too the folder that I wanted. Thats how it got installed. It dosent show up in Control Panel.

There should be an UNINSTALL folder in the Firefox directory. Inside it is the uninstall thingy, just click on it.

If for some odd reason it is not there, then just rename the Firefox 0.9 directory to Old Firefox. Then go back to 0.8

GRRR, I can't delete the folder, I can't rename it. It says something is using it or blah, u know that error. I looked in the processes and everything, I can't see anything that is using it. ??

Geffy said:
reboot then try?

Yep... That happened to me also. Anoying as hell. :D

I rebooted and boom. All is happy in the land of Silcon. Rename delete Rename and reinstall. :p

ok...i hav e had mozilla for baout a month now. today i go to use it and my favorites are gone. how do you import your IE favs back in there. when i installed the program it found them for me automatically. i loked in the directory to see if there was a bookmark folder or something but i couldnt find anything relevant.

Do you still have Internet Explorer installed? If you do, open that up and go to File, Import & Export, export to a directory. Then open up mozilla, and then import.

I been using Mozilla bout 2 weeks now and I like it pretty well except when I am using the web interface for EasyNews....I can be on a page full of links and then click on a link to look at somethin and then when i page back it never leaves me where I was...it always takes me back to the top of the page....is there a fix for this?

gballard said:
I been using Mozilla bout 2 weeks now and I like it pretty well except when I am using the web interface for EasyNews....I can be on a page full of links and then click on a link to look at somethin and then when i page back it never leaves me where I was...it always takes me back to the top of the page....is there a fix for this?
I think this may have more to do with the coding of the page then the browser (I could be wrong though). Also might wanna just open links in a new tab ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back