Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
hmm, is gzip working, that is what solved it before...
I will check my copy of Firebird when I get home.

Daeron Tinúviel

OSNN Senior Addict
well i know its looks fine but it looks more strech than it looks yesterday, today i have to scrool to the right to see the whole page

another lil question.

the icon in teh address bar is saved as the icon in my favorites if the site is listed there. ie. the windows icon that appears in the address beside osnn is also beside osnn in my bookmarks.

i know this is a default feature, but how do i get rid of it?

cryogenic

OSNN Addict
Well, to answer x-istence's question... I did not find any way to import my old profile data from the old location.... I was, however, able to copy a good portion of the important data (bookmarks.html; signons.txt; formdata.dat) over to my new profile... only thing I really lost was most of my extensions and the settings for the extensions I didn't lose... along with losing my themes. :( Kind of a pain, and perhaps I missed something such that I could have had my profile data imported, but I didn't see anything that was what I was looking for. Oh, and worst of all, I tried copying all the files from the old profile into the new one and managed to "break" Firefox such that I couldn't even submit form data anymore, so I had to go back and create a brand new profile and then copy the above 3 files back over manually (those are the three I know that are "safe" to import into a new profile.. any others, do so at your own risk) So yeah, not exactly what I'd call a smooth upgrade.

Elroy Jetson

Little Dipper School
I have asked before, forgot the answer, so here it is again. All of my icons are gone from the toolbar and bookmarks. what is the bloody file I need to delete to get them dislaying again?

thanks, EJ

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
(Mozilla Firefox 0.8)
Alright, I have just discovered the use of userChrome.css and I was thinking to use this file as a workaround for the slowdown that I experience on the frontpage when scrolling through the page. This slowdown is (obviously) caused by the background, which is set to 'fixed', and the slowdown should be gone when it is set to 'scroll'. For that I have this line added to the file:
Code:
body {
  background-attachment: scroll !important
}
This should work, but the problem is, that it is not defined in a style sheet, instead it is written in style="<style thingies here>", so it won't work. How can I do it?

J.Lee

OSNN Junior Addict
How to insert smilies in Thunderbird?

Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5+ (20040326)
Mac OS X 10.3.3

I cannot find the toolbar in the compose window. :(
Who can help me?THX!

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
J.Lee said:
Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5+ (20040326)
Mac OS X 10.3.3

I cannot find the toolbar in the compose window. :(
Who can help me?THX!

When you open a "compose window" Click on "view" in the top bar (see attachment 1).

Then you will see the center "formating" toolbar in the compose window and the icon for the "smilies" (see attachment 2).

Now this is in Windows, but it should be the same in Mac.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelPowers