Matrix Reloaded - SPOILERS Included!

Originally posted by Geffy
*me abandons thread

that is such typical un-hero like behavior :(

/me goes to stand in line to kiss persephone...

Originally posted by Sazar
that is such typical un-hero like behavior :(

tee hee...you called me back;

christ; "I must save the world"

demon from the underworld;... "come here my pretty, I'll give you what you want...I have the ticket right here my pretty"

christ;... *I know, I'll trick this pretty demon from the underworld...I'll make believe I'm giving her her what she wants, and I won't really do it, cuz that would be bad*

pretty demon from the underworld...."nope, don't try to trick me, you have to give me exactly what I want, give yourself to me, otherwise, I'm not gonna help you"

christ;..."ok then, let's go at it."

devil;

MuWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I really like the fact that the movie had a deeper meaning to it. Like the mythology. It also has several biblical references:

Trinity
Zion
Morpheus
The Oracle

I loved the part where the french dude gives the female an orgasm! Creative, and funny :D

Also, did anyone notice that the password that Trinity typed was Z10N1010

The 'Z10N' part is obvious, and 1010 mean '5'. ;)

Originally posted by o_87

yes :)

btw.. oracle is related to biblical references?

I thought it was from ancient history... ie greek :)

namely oracle @ delphi being the most famous...

pre roman era ergo pre biblical times init ?

Now just to put a lid on this... If or if not Neo failed a test of character as Dealer says really is irrelevant. Why? Because as they have put soooo many time in both movies, "Is he THE ONE?", "He is THE ONE" etc...

The definition of "THE ONE" in these Matrix movies, if you remember is the one that will lead them to defeat the Machine. The one that will manipulate and destroy the "construct". Not the one to do everything on his own.

Morpheus reveals that there was a man born inside the Matrix, who had the ability to modify the construct as he saw fit. He was the one who freed the first of them and told them the truth. “But as long as the Matrix exists, the human race will never be free.” After that man died, the Oracle prophesized his return. That is why some of them have spent their lives searching the Matrix for a “Jesus Christ” figure, who would come with the destruction of the Matrix, end the war and bring freedom to mankind.
Taken from -->here<--

Now you see that there were previous "THE ONEs" before Neo, he is ver 6. It never goes into any character crap, so he could be a total D!ck and still be the one they are looking for.

Now Dealer is using that scene (the kiss) as a character assasination, and to this end that Neo is not THE ONE... Fine. That is his perogative. But it doesn't have anything to do with Neo being or not being THE ONE. According to the so called "prophecy" his character traits or flaws are irrelevant, they never not once come into question. So Dealer can rant and rave all he wants. And yes, the writers of this story made it this way. They did because this is the way they want it to be. Good script or bad is yet to be seen. The jury is still out on that... we gotta wait for the third movie to fully understand the whole story. :p

Now as to this new kid that is always following Neo around. It (Reloaded) did not show him with any unusual traits/power over the Matrix and Trinity does not manipulate the Matrix in any special way, except for what has been taught to her and all the uploaded programs on weapons, tactics, combat and so on they get when they are in the Matrix... soooooo, either of them being THE ONE???

And Dealer, as for my standard(s) for Christ is really of no concern to you.:) It is just an example since you use the "Savior" of humanity thing and brought that form of characterization into this. This is not a religion thread. He (Jesus) was human, he had power over people, he moved people's ideas about faith religion and there way of life, he brought someone back from the dead and cured people and he died. He had his faults just like any other human being. He was God or the Son of God, fine. But nothing in this Universe is perfect... nothing. Even an omnipotent being is not perfect. Just because you can reform the world or create life does not mean you are perfect, it just means that you can do some seriously incredible sh!t. :D

As for Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, Smith and all the rest, we will have to just wait and see. Anything else we say is and forever will be "speculation".

Originally posted by gonaads
Now just to put a lid on this... If or if not Neo failed a test of character as Dealer says really is irrelevant. Why? Because as they have put soooo many time in both movies, "Is he THE ONE?", "He is THE ONE" etc...

The definition of "THE ONE" in these Matrix movies, if you remember is the one that will lead them to defeat the Machine. The one that will manipulate and destroy the "construct". Not the one to do everything on his own.

Taken from -->here<--

Now you see that there were previous "THE ONEs" before Neo, he is ver 6. It never goes into any character crap, so he could be a total D!ck and still be the one they are looking for.

Now Dealer is using that scene (the kiss) as a character assasination, and to this end that Neo is not THE ONE... Fine. That is his perogative. But it doesn't have anything to do with Neo being or not being THE ONE. According to the so called "profecy" his character traits or flaws are irrelevant, they never not once come into question. So Dealer can rant and rave all he wants. And yes, the writers of this story made it the way. They did because this is the way they want it to be. Good script or bad is yet to be seen. The jury is still out on that... we gotta wait for the third movie to fully understand the whole story. :p

Now as to this new kid that is always following Neo around. It (Reloaded) did not show him with any unusual traits/power over the Matrix and Trinity does not manipulate the Matrix in any special way, except for what has been taught to her and and the uploaded programs on weapons, tactics, combat and so on they get when they are in the Matrix... soooooo, either of them being THE ONE???

And Dealer, as for my standard(s) for Christ is really of no concern to you.:) It is just an example since you use the "Savior" of humanity thing and brought that form of characterization into this. This is not a religion thread. He (Jesus) was human, he had power over people, he moved people's ideas about faith religion and there way of life, he brought someone back from the dead and cured people and he died. He had his faults just like any other human being. He was God or the Son of God, fine. But nothing in this Universe is perfect... nothing. Even an omnipotent being is not perfect. Just because you can reform the world or create life does not mean you are perfect, it just means that you can do some seriously incredible sh!t. :D

As for Neo, Trinity,Morpheus, Smith and all the rest, we will have to just wait and see. Anything else we say is and forever will be "speculation".

NO !!!

YOU sir... are the ONE :D

nice post m8... sorta cleans things up real nice :)

My fingers hurt. :( :p But one hell of a key count. :p

Interesting, since according to the "Architect", this is version 6. He did say to Neo that they have destroyed Zion before. And that they had become exceedingly efficient at it. :rolleyes: Hmmmmm...

Originally posted by gonaads
Interesting, since according to the "Architect", this is version 6. He did say to Neo that they have destroyed Zion before. And that they had become exceedingly efficient at it. :rolleyes: Hmmmmm...

Makes me suspicious about Trinity..

Makes me suspicious about Trinity..

well... neo did poke her after all... maybe she inherited some of his crap ?

gonaads thinks he can put a lid on this by saying he's putting a lid on it

hehe

no

gonaads, your entire post agrees with everything I've said...I'm surprised you don't realize it.

I AGREE...NEO IS THE ONE THAT THE COMPUTER MADE UP

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THIS?

HE IS THE ONE, OF MANY OF "THE ONES" THAT THE COMPUTER USES AS A PUPPET...this is made clear.

as gonaads finally realizes;

interesting, since according to the "Architect", this is version 6. He did say to Neo that they have destroyed Zion before. And that they had become exceedingly efficient at it. Hmmmmm...

and I see now everybody has finally realized that neo is just like all of the rest "the ones"

so, he is not the savior of mankind...that is left for someone else.

now, of you want to put a lid on this without calling me back here, then go ahead.

but if you want to call me back in here, I will come

Originally posted by dealer

hehe

no

gonaads, your entire post agrees with everything I've said...I'm surprised you don't realize it.

HE IS THE ONE, OF MANY OF "THE ONES" THAT THE COMPUTER USES AS A PUPPET...this is made clear.

but he is not the savior of mankind...that is left for someone else.

now, of you want to put a lid on this without calling me back here, then go ahead.

You cannot, say that, simply because they still have to finish the trilogy.

I agree with you o_87

and I think too many people want this kianu guy to be the savior, so they will find a way to do it.

but if this is good writing, he is not the savior.

but I'll say again, I suspect the writers will fall to the will pf the populace, and let neo be the savior

pity

this movie could have been much much more

I agree with you o_87

and I think too many people want this kianu guy to be the savior, so they will find a way to do it.

but if this is good writing, he is not the savior.

but I'll say again, I suspect the writers will fall to the will pf the populace, and let neo be the savior

I do not think they will. They were pressured a lot by Warner Bros to remove certain parts of the movie (ie the love/rave scene) in order to give the movie a PG-13 rating, as Warner Bros would have made more money. But the Wachowskis stuck to their story. After all, Neo would not have chosen the left door had it not been for that scene. I think the Wachowskis are excellent story tellers, lets wait for Revolutions, I am pretty damn sure I will not be dissappointed. ;)

hehe

no

but he is not the savior of mankind...that is left for someone else.

:D

sorryy dealer, you can't yell your way into being right.

/me so funny

the one is not made up by anyone... he comes about because of an anomaly... an 'imperfection' if you will in the coding of the construct and manifests itself in a being... such as neo in this case..

the ONE is not the savior of mankind... you will never hear the computer programs refer to him as that... and he is only viewed as such because he FREED the first of them from the Matrix... ergo he is their 'savior' even though all he is doing is fulfilling the part of the bargain that has been struck with the architect or whatever you want to call him...

@ the end of the day in the bid to hunt down and eventually reduce this anomaly to a controllable form is what the machines are seeking to do...

I don't understand why this whole savior of mankind thing is so important to you... its obvious what it really means...

actually, now I agree with this post of yours sazaar

that the one is not the savior of mankind.

we are finally on the same page.

but for this;

the one is not made up by anyone... he comes about because of an anomaly... an 'imperfection' if you will in the coding of the construct and manifests itself in a being... such as neo in this case..

well, the architect says that they created the prophesy of 'the one" to further their ends.

so unless the architect is lying here, the computer made up the prohpesy...the prophesy does not exist

so on this we still disagree

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back