Matrix Reloaded - SPOILERS Included!

I said before my opinion was probably an incorrect opinion, so you're right, my opinion will almost definatlely be wrong.

but this is one of the reasons I did not like this movie, and that's my very point

you see, if neo is our savior, in spite of him failing even trivial tests then this is a poorly written screenplay

or to temper that statement.

among otheres, this scene is a poorly conceved scene on this movie

edit

oh yea, teddy is right, i'm only hypothesising...I thought that was clear:p

Originally posted by dealer
I said before this was probably an incorrect opinion, so you're right, my opinion will almost assuredly be wrong.

and that's my very point

and if it is, then this is a poorly written screenplay

or to temper that statement.

among otheres, this scene is a poorly conceved scene on this movie

edit

oh yea, teddy is right, i'm only hypothesising...I thought that was clear:p

why does it become a poorly written screenplay if it does not conform to your beliefs of why things happened as they did ?

thats what I can't understnad...

the savior of mankind must hold strong and defiant against the devil, when the devil tests his charachter...the savior ov mankind passes all tests posed against his charachter.

yes, the savior can fail in his own humanity...for instance, moses failed in providing food without a giving of thanx.

differant then failing in charachter

our savior must pass tests of charachter

now, the only question left to ask is do you think he passed this test of his charachter?

if you do, then neo can be our savior

if you don't then neo cannot be our savior.

unless this is a poorly written screenplay, or at best, a badly concieved scene in this screenlpay

I think it's pretty clear neo failed this test of charachter.

because the savior of mankind does not fail trivial trials

No, not true. And why? you ask. Because the savior of the human race can be anyone, from the lowliest beggar to the most promenent member of society. It all depends on circumstance. And ONE at the right time and place can be a hero and it doesn't matter what that persons qualities are.

Dealer what you put forth is your version of what the Savior of mankind should be. It is your VERSION.

it's not a version of the savior, it's a test of strenght.

if you think a weak person can be our savior, then we don't need a savior.

only the strong of charachter need enter here...the weak of charachter need not apply

it's not a version of the savior, it's a test of strenght.

if you think a weak person can be our savior, then we don't need a savior.

only the strong of charachter need enter here...the weak of charachter need not apply

is it just me or are you still applying biblical themes in this storyline and hence judging the characters per the value systems that people feel exist therein ?

sazaar, I'm not applying biblical themes, the movie is doing it.

the one

this is clearly a biblical theme, and i didn't write this

the one is the savior

the Christ

the Moses

the Mohamed

Christ passed this test

if Christ were to fail this same test which was put forth by the devil, he would have failed as savior, and we would be doomed

and that's the point

this scene was a deliberate referance and test

and neo failed this test

sazaar, I'm not applying biblical themes, the movie is doing it.

the one

this is clearly a biblical theme, and i didn't write this

the one is the savior

the Christ

the Moses

the Mohamed

Christ passed this test

if Christ were to fail this same test which was put forth by the devil, he would have failed as savior, and we would be doomed

and that's the point

this scene was a deliberate referance and test

and neo failed this test

/me does not share dealer's sentiments on this matter but will let it be...

have fun m8... I am done with this thread till a different direction is taken :)

enjoy..

who said it had to be done on Christian mythology and not say Greek or Roman?

A lot of it is substantially drawn from greek mythology. I like to think of it as Wachowski Mythology :)

Originally posted by Khayman
A lot of it is substantially drawn from greek mythology. I like to think of it as Wachowski Mythology :)
aka Wacko Mythology

"I think it's pretty clear neo failed this test of charachter"

Surely the failing would have been if he had WANTED to kiss her. He clearly didnt want to but did it because he HAD to.

If he had lusted after this perhphone (??) and wanted her then that WOULD have been a failure. He did what he thought was necessary - he 'kissed' her to save humanity...to save Trinity.

If he had refused the 'kiss' he may never have found the KeyMaker and both himself, Trinity and the world would have died. What would be the point of that!!!!!? Let that happen!? NO! He could not know for SURE that there was another way to get to the KeyMaker - this was an opportunity he could not turn down (i dont mean the kiss! I mean quick access to the man they absolutely HAD to find).

Is there any possibility of letting this go in the near future? :)

perhaps in november when revolutions drops :D

I tried to let it go, but they keep calling me back

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back