The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

Different Question......What's the best Firefox "Popup-Blocker" extension?

Not very often, but once in awhile, I noticed a popup, which it just happened, so I was like uh crap..

I usually just use Google's Toolbar for spell checking, though I'm sure there are better extensions available for the purpose. :)

Bman™ said:
Different Question......What's the best Firefox "Popup-Blocker" extension?
why dont u use "Adblock" and therefore you can block the source of where the popups are coming from so then they will never load and never even have to be stopped from blocking because they arnt even allowed to try. (Hope that made some sense! :nervous: )

SPeedY_B said:
Looks like Firefox 2.0 Alpha 1 is due on Friday: http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:2.0_Product_Planning:Draft_Plan

You may now wet your pants.
I wet my pants, but it wasn't worth it. :(

No Firefox2 a1 Today

Despite much reporting, and earlier schedules indicating that Firefox2 a1 would be released today, the reality is a little different. Read Mike Beltzner's note from the Firefox2 dev meeting on Tuesday. We're pushing it off a little so that we can actually have some new features for you to play with.
http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/ben/archives/009730.html

:)

Ok, i cant get java images to load...is there an extension..i updated java and everything...im still at a loss...

Try a Mozilla beta project called Seamonkey it is Mozilla/firefox with thunderbird and a few other nitfy things. I haven't had one pop-up

Seamonkey is not Firefox+Thunderbird, they are their own entitiy, Seamonkey is just the name of the original Mozilla suite which includes a browser and mail client.

I know this has probably been asked, just can't seem to find it....

I need a program, extension whatever to organize my bookmarks?

Yes, I make my own folders and such, but I never know what to put in where. It's so hard to orgainize. So, I'm hoping there is a program that will do it for me.

j79zlr said:
Seamonkey is not Firefox+Thunderbird, they are their own entitiy, Seamonkey is just the name of the original Mozilla suite which includes a browser and mail client.
Indeed. Other then Mozilla hosting there project and it sharing code with the original "Mozilla", SeaMonkey is a seperate project as Mozilla Foundation killed "Mozilla" in favor of it's less then stellar bastard child, FireFox. ;)

Bman™ said:

Yes, I make my own folders and such, but I never know what to put in where. It's so hard to orgainize. So, I'm hoping there is a program that will do it for me.

maybe this would help.?
link

Bman™ said:

I don't think you'll ever find one. Bookmarks are filed manually because no extension could ever know how you want what filed where. And if you think that maybe they could by web page content or subject matter by meta tags. What if a page has meta tag for auto repair and technical info, but the site has a large libray of car and truck images. You might want to bookmark it as a page with images instead of an auto info/repair site. Now an extension could never think that.

O.K. no more babbel, i'm way too stoned. :p

I agree with gonaads here - and that link from tdinc may be as close as you will come...

I have a related need that I take care of myself, but often mess up on, which is not to organise, but to synchronise bookmarks (I make a master save to server and need it to propagate across the six places I need it on my network - in fact twelve if you count IE and want its bookmarks updated too!). Yeah I can do it all manually, but sometimes I mess up and add a bookmark somewhere before I have the master in place then if I save that - well you can see the problem...

So is there anything that will auto-update bookmarks on start or somesuch? I realise this is gonna be tricky since manual operation requires some rejigging by deleting all bookmarks first to get the bookmarks folder right...

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back