Okay, Firefox 3.0 came out, but several extensions I use frequently are not compatible. One I use alot when working on multiple applications is the Minimize to Tray add on, which saves valuable taskbar space by minimizing FF to the system tray instead of the task bar. Well, MTT is not compatible with Firefox 3, which at first made me want to go back to 2.x. A little searching and I found a fix -
1. uninstall MTT from the add-on manager and restart FF
2. install Mr. Tech Toolkit at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/421 and restart FF
3. go to the following link - http://minimizetotray.mozdev.org/ and click the Install link towards the bottom of the page, or click this link to go directly to the .xpi - http://downloads.mozdev.org/minimizetotray/minimizetotray/minimizetotray.trunk.2006022107.xpi
4. Restart FF. In the Mr. Tech Toolkit options, go to miscellaneous > xpi install options > *UNCHECK “enable addons compatibility checking”. Restart FF.
5. MTT should now work. Test out by doing a ctrl+shift+m
Bottom line, this is a very useful extension, and we can now use it with FF3…