The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

Last edited:
Well, I have looked at all of these different extensions for bookmarks, nothing will do what I want. I have my bookmarks organized alright, I guess I will just have to use my head, and keep an eye of them.

Thanks!

New question.....I customized my toolbar in Firefox as always, and have everything I need in one bar.....for bookmarks I only use the one dropdown menu (Bookmarks).....have everything organized in there, but I was wondering if I can get rid of the folder "bookmark toolbar" or whatever its called. The folder where if u put a bookmark in it would normally show up on the toolbar menu.

Yes you could, ummm but I don't know if ya should. Well, let me rephrase that. You should remember it's name and position on/in the bookmarks tree and what ever bookmarks you had in it. Then delete it. But, before deleting it move whatever bookmarks you had/have in it to other bookmark folders, otherwise they (the bookmarks) will go "bye bye". One thing that would aid in knowing how and what was in the bookmark toolbar folder is to do a screen shot of it. Open your bookmarks manager and take a screen shot with the bookmark toolbar folder open. Or, just back up all yer bookmarks to somewhere on yer HDD (export). Then get delete happy. If ya don't like the way it comes out after you can allways import your bookmarks from where ever you saved the file. :)

Could you post a screen shot of how you have your toolbars set up?

Ok, here is my setup, accually the whole browser. I didn't ask if you can delete it, i was asking how, i remembered that I have done it before. Just now relizing I have a problem, I right click on the Bookmark Toolbar (I might have renamed it) and there is no delete option for it..

How is this??

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if ya had the "view" tab showing :p You could just open the drop down box and then under "toolbars" just uncheck it (bookmarks toolbar) so it doesn't show. :D

Last edited:
The Bookmark Toolbar isnt showing, I'm talking about the Folder itself in "Bookmarks", I can't delete it.

Oooooooh, Yeah, I know. Ya can't. Unless ya hack the browser. :p

Plus if ya export the bookmark file and want to hack it.

Ummmm...

<!DOCTYPE NETSCAPE-Bookmark-file-1>
<!-- This is an automatically generated file.
It will be read and overwritten.
DO NOT EDIT! -->

It don't matter what ya do to it.

Last edited:
crap, I swear awhile ago I got rid of it easy....guess not

Thanks for the help

Well I think there is a way, but it's an accident. I have found a few postings about people's personal toolbar folder being missing or accidentaly being deleted somehow. But in all these postings none of them know how it was deleted/removed. Bummer. :(

I cant get any pictures to load when i go to like autotrader..why is this?

Don't know if this has been stated in here, big thread...

Just started using Thunderbird, got pretty much everything orgainized and how I want it too be. The only thing is, when I send an email, say from gmail.com page, it shows up as new email in Thunderbird Inbox. I'm not sure if it does this if I send an email from inside Thunderbird. Either way, is there a way of changing this?

Thank you

I'm trying to add RSS Feeds in Thunderbird, each time I enter the URL, it says not valid Rss Feed?

Whats going on?

I have 2 emails, using Thunderbird, both gmail, and they both show up under the 1 menu "Gmail Account", how to I make it so my Thunderbird layout is..

News & Blogs

Gmail Account 1

Gmail Account 2

woo hoo - it's the Bman thread (^bump^) ... I'll know the answers when I work out what is going on - bit late/early here.. think others may help and thinking time might solve it also....

Is there a plug in to save fash files? I tried the page info and that whole thing and it wont save anything...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back