The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

LordOfLA said:
I'm being lazy and not using search :p

Anyone figured out a fix for the insane memory leak? I dont like my browser using 900MB out of 1024MB of ram and kayako esupport suite only works properly in firefox :(

Or has anyone heard of a fix being in a recent nightly?

Do you have the latest Sun Java installed. The only times I've seen this issue with 1.5 was shen someone was using an old jre.

j79zlr said:
Do you have the latest Sun Java installed. The only times I've seen this issue with 1.5 was shen someone was using an old jre.

Plus as I have seen posted, you are supposed to uninstall all other Sun Java versions before installing the newest 1.5

gonaads said:
Plus as I have seen posted, you are supposed to uninstall all other Sun Java versions before installing the newest 1.5
You should do that anyways. I believe Java has always had issues w/ more then one version running at a time, anything Java would take a performance hit.

is there an option when i minimize firefox that it goes into my taskbar..same when i click close...

failurbydesign said:
is there an option when i minimize firefox that it goes into my taskbar..same when i click close...

this is default behaviour for me - on minimize - what does yours do? What release (1.5 here)? As for close - well that is going to close it of course! so no idea why you want that to send it to task bar - would be a weird thing... unless you mean systray? There is an option to prompt for confirm on multiple tabs for closure though, which I make extensive use of....

Has anyone had probs with SeaMonkey installs?

I had two machine installs of SeaMonkey go DOA and one install at work on the work machine was fine. All were clean installs to their own directories. The bad installs seem to lock once they start up. You can't click on anything nor scroll, navigate or even shut it down. I have to open the task manager to manually close it. Had ta nuke the two bad ones.

Also I wish it (SeaMonkey) would run when you are running Mozilla (in otherwords both at same time) but SeaMonkey says that default profile is in use, blah blah blah. :( Is there a way to make them run both at the same time without this profile conflict?

I was notified of an update to 1.5.0.1 and it automatically installed in the background. When I restarted the browser the update installed, and then it checked for updates to my extensions and themes.

No more downloading the full package to upgrade. I love it. :)

failurbydesign said:
T

I also just updates and now the roboform toolbar is outdated..what a bust..

fixed today..:)

gonaads said:
Has anyone had probs with SeaMonkey installs?

I had two machine installs of SeaMonkey go DOA and one install at work on the work machine was fine. All were clean installs to their own directories. The bad installs seem to lock once they start up. You can't click on anything nor scroll, navigate or even shut it down. I have to open the task manager to manually close it. Had ta nuke the two bad ones.

Also I wish it (SeaMonkey) would run when you are running Mozilla (in otherwords both at same time) but SeaMonkey says that default profile is in use, blah blah blah. :( Is there a way to make them run both at the same time without this profile conflict?
No trouble at all w/ SeaMonkey installs here. Have been using it since pre-Alpha releases on both my Mac and Win boxes. Also I thought they had changed SeaMonkey to use /SeaMonkey instead of /Mozilla for storing things such as profiles and program files. You could go into each and make sure that you have set each to use a seperate profile path.

Very nice extension for FF if you want to upload to image shack...:)

ImageBot - Firefox Extension

Bulk/Batch/Mass Image Uploader

ImageBot allows lets you upload your images to a free image hosting service (ImageShack or Photobucket).

ImageBot lets you sort, filter, and make image galleries out of your images in a snap.

It is especially good for your eBay auctions by way of the eBay Description template included by default.

link

My Firefox wont load pics on some sites....all i get it this

Attachments

• not loading.JPG
    not loading.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 96
failurbydesign said:
My Firefox wont load pics on some sites....all i get it this
You havn't done any of the "speed tweaks" have you? Like the enabling of "pipelining".

Xie said:
You havn't done any of the "speed tweaks" have you? Like the enabling of "pipelining".

NO just version 1.5 not the updated one..with a few extensions..thats it. Roboform, talkback, paypal, minimize to tray, and dom inspector...thats all

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back