The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

Thanks gonaads although it took ya long enough to answer :p

I found it after posting :)

I do do other things ya know. :D

errrrrrrr, do do :ermm: For some reason that doesn't sound rite. :cheeky:

Getting close to another Mozilla Suite build :D
Mozilla 1.8beta Freeze
8 days, 3 hours, 26 minutes
Wednesday, February 09, 2005 2:59:00 AM
For those saying "who cares I use Firefox" I believe 1.1 is waiting on 1.8 of the suite. :classic:

Xie said:
Getting close to another Mozilla Suite build :D

For those saying "who cares I use Firefox" I believe 1.1 is waiting on 1.8 of the suite. :classic:

Wake me in a week. :D

Jewelzz said:
...I found it after posting :)

ain't that always the way? I find if there is a bug and I am testing one infalible way to fix is to get someone to look over my shoulder when I repeat my test or code walkthrough - very often this will prompt a "Doh!" moment :) :cool:

I have backed up my profile on a zip,my question is, in case of I have to format ,what is the correct method to transfer the copied profile to firefox ?

hey there - slightly surprised not to find this has come up yet...

I enabled spell checking, then realised it was not English... was checking in American ;)

SOOoooo I have downloaded the .XPI file for ENuk dictionary from MozDev - now how can I plug that into F-fox - someonhe must have done this, but I can't seem to get it in! Help appreciated, thanks...

If I remember correctly you just open it as a file and install it.

File -> Open File -> (navigate to where ever you have the xpi file) Open -> Install.

That should be it.

Ummmmm, one small question... Is the xpi file you downloaded for Firefox or for Mozilla?

thanks Gonaads - I expected to do that - but at the open there is no program association - /me goes to try fro recommended associations anyway... aha, OK can open file from Ffoz and install it there - BUT that has not helped (althoguh it installed!) .... Remember the place I spell check is in TBird and there there is no change - still only have EN/US on the pull down.

I shall try closing and restarting both Ffox and Tbird now (only tried Tbird before).... If I do not /EDIT this post that did not work....

Remove the Plugin and also the first one you installed (the english one). Then reinstall the correct language one and see if it works.

Thanks - but still no go - tried removing both (via Ffox options, Language) and closing bothe Tbird and Ffox - then openning Ffox and adding EN-GB and then openning Tbird - but it still has EN-US (and nothing else from pulldown, except download more - which is how I got the EN-GB XPI file in the first place).

So I am no further forward - and Tbird seems not to be integrated with Ffox here.... maybe I'll just have to live with it and add all anglicisms to my custom dicitonary....

Hmmmmmm, well me hopes someone else reads and has a solution for you.

Tell you what... post the link for the xpi file you downloaded (the correct one you need). Or attach it to your post as a zip and let me play with it at work. I have Firefox and Thunderbird here. Maybe I can figure something out.

I'd start my own thread except I can't :(

I'm using FF and it seems that only on osnn.net, I can't start a new thread or view the last post in any thread (see screen shots) WTF is going on???

Attachments

• nolast.jpg
    nolast.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 79
  • nothread.jpg
    nothread.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 62
:cry: My attachments aren't showing, for me anyway. I've cleared everything that I know of to see if that was the problem ... guess what ... it's still a problem

Would appear to be an image problem, what version of Fx are you running? any extensions installed? and why is it only ever you who has these weird problems? :p :D

yeah see? thats why i was saying what pics when u were posting i had the same problems

øøøø! Can't quote someone either :(

SPeedY_B, I'd love to know what it's only me who has the øøøøed up problems.
I'm running 1.0 and no extensions

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back