NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Folding@home Team page created.

sharob said:
Gee, I go on holiday for 10 days and our production goes through the roof !
Maybe I should go away more often.

Luna - What happened to you? Last time I looked you were powering along.....

Oh well I hope you get back up to speed soon

And welcome to all the new folders !!!!!

Motherboard died, so now I'm in the process of getting a new system set up.

It will just be a while before I can do it :-/

For some reason FAH client triggered a VPU recover on my 9600XT AIW alot, only way to stop was to reboot and quickly end task the client. Then all was fine. Odd tho.

Was watching as Steevo approached 200,000. All of a sudden he's up to 204,635.

Congratulations Steevo on a big milestone!

Thanks. :D

I am about to lose 2 CPU's, the two lappies, as the EST software and the serial adapters have arrived and they will be going into service PDQ. Oh well.....

Question bout the F@H sigs, for the rank could it show the total, like 10/45?

Admiral Michael said:
Question bout the F@H sigs, for the rank could it show the total, like 10/45?
Not trivially, but I'll check. :)

wow, forgot my other friend joined our team, his username is turki, was just over at his house today for a bbq:D

Electronic Punk said:
Progressing nicely.
we are indeed EP :)

I see XSIV has just passed the 60k barrier and myself I seem to have just hit 50k..... of course steevo is working nicely towards his million which will be a real landmark! But what is impressive is that OSNN continue to seem to maintain a little upwards momentum! Long may it continue, I have to admit I once thought we would get stuck around the 500 mark, and I still have trouble imagining us getting into the top 100, but you never know what the future might hold...

Reps going to XSIV for the 60k.... but look slike I may be catching you slowly, I think I remember being around 12k behind once when I took a break....

Slow and steady wins the race - we're doing well.

I will help the team I have rigs Mine which I list the Specs for and my G/f old P4 423pin 1.4Ghz machine... before I do though how much will it affect her BW when it pulls a new task to fold?? I don't want her paranoid either, how often does it send information back to the @home server? she might get notifications from her firewall, if I can't figure out how to make it to where it wont notify her first... any Ideas guys?
THanks,

Hannibal FORVER!

My RIG:
ThermalTake TSUNAMI Case with Plexi Side Panel
2 x 120mm fans, 1 x 92mm Fan
old PSU 300W switched AFTER install to new 350W PSU
ASUS P4C800-E Mobo
Corsair TWINX PC3200 2GB Pair 3-3-3-8 timings
Radeon 256MB 9600 XT Vid
100GB EIDE IBM DeskStar HD for apps, games, data, etc...
30GB SATA WD RAPTOR 10000 RPM HD for OS
running on XP PRO w/SP2

Oh and thanks for MFG, hes the one who gave me the invite...

hmm i just finished my second WU. One on two machines running at same time with same user name. but it is only showing one WU... which is the newer one.. im confused can i not use same names on the machines. hehe it was a *ucking huge WU too..

mlakrid said:
I will help the team I have rigs Mine which I list the Specs for and my G/f old P4 423pin 1.4Ghz machine... before I do though how much will it affect her BW when it pulls a new task to fold?? I don't want her paranoid either, how often does it send information back to the @home server? she might get notifications from her firewall, if I can't figure out how to make it to where it wont notify her first... any Ideas guys?
THanks,

Hannibal FORVER!

Folding @ Home does not require a huge amount of Band width as the files payload is compressed. The last 600 pointer I downloaded looked like this:
[10:00:02] Loaded queue successfully.
[10:00:07] - Receiving payload (expected size: 2967757)
[10:01:03] - Downloaded at ~51 kB/s
[10:01:03] - Averaged speed for that direction ~51 kB/s
[10:01:03] + Received work.
[10:01:03] + Closed connections

It only connects for a minute and then doesn't need to connect again until the unit is finished.

As for the notification issue, if your GF has a permanent connection to the Internet you can deslect the checkbox in the connection settings of the GUI console "Ask before using network". Perhaps the better solution is to use the Console version then she won't even see that it's running and it will look after itself, submitting WU's on your behalf.

sraycoz said:
hmm i just finished my second WU. One on two machines running at same time with same user name. but it is only showing one WU... which is the newer one.. im confused can i not use same names on the machines. hehe it was a *ucking huge WU too..

The official stats show you having completed two WU's and have credited you with 482 points. BTW your now ranked 34 and climbing :)

yah! 2 more bid WU's will be done by monday.. hehehe here i come top 10.. hehe gona start adding idel coms as i find them hehe.. should be able to get 15 or so going eventually hehe

im still far away, damn...oh well slow and steady like ep said..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back