NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Folding@home Team page created.

my uptime seems almost worthless, i'll hit 1000 eventually heh, it's just i did leave it on for 2/3 days straight to begin with but my rents clocked it, e.g. a big rant about electricity bills etc

My PC (Prescott) helps keep it warm in the winter.

vivid_vibe said:
Just joined up. Should have my first WU done in 5 days. Wow. 5 days.
HMMMMmmmm is it getting there? Keeping your rig nice and cozy :p not teasing you, just I sometimes rep folks on their first WU to encourage them.... :)

just dedicated my server too this. :) so im joined up with the osnn team!

I thought you repped me for giving Lord bad ideas :rolleyes: ;)

TittleBitties said:
thanks :)...my new rig is doing awsome with the load. I have the program shut off cause i am burning some dvds but once i am done i will get back to folding.
You can have it on while burning too. Burning only takes a little cpu and FAH takes almost no disk activity so they shouldn't interfere much at all. Unless you run big WUs and is low on memory perhaps... ;)

Hmm, does it ever randomly lose what it is doing and start again?

Electronic Punk said:
Hmm, does it ever randomly lose what it is doing and start again?

Yes ... sometimes øøøø happens. It has to write to disk once in a while and if that gets interrupted or work is corrupted ... you lose some machine time. It doesn't randomly do it for no reason though ... at least not that I've noticed.

Well I had a huge unit that had been going 2 days, then next time I looked it had started again. May have finished... no idea.

Zedric said:
You can have it on while burning too. Burning only takes a little cpu and FAH takes almost no disk activity so they shouldn't interfere much at all. Unless you run big WUs and is low on memory perhaps... ;)

I tried that but it wouldnt go past 4% if i had folding on.

TittleBitties said:
I tried that but it wouldnt go past 4% if i had folding on.
Odd...

EP: I had serious problems with the graphicas client lately. Now I skipped it alltogether and only run the console version as a service. Works much better. :) I think it's a tad faster too.

Zedric said:
Odd...

EP: I had serious problems with the graphicas client lately. Now I skipped it alltogether and only run the console version as a service. Works much better. :) I think it's a tad faster too.
Yeah no graphic versions of these types of apps are as all that CPU that went into the graphics are now 100% used for folding. ;)

Electronic Punk said:
Well I had a huge unit that had been going 2 days, then next time I looked it had started again. May have finished... no idea.

did you check your log? Did you take the default of 15 mins on the "checkpoints?" I always override this to something lower, make it 7 max, or maybe 5 depending on my mood.... Are you running as a service like Zedric recommends? Think I had posted way back when they introduced this option that it was the WTG and also to go with teh console - the pics mean nothing and mean you fold less.....

Rare to loose big WU's in my experience - but they can take weeks to post depending on your proc - I once had a PIII that would have taken a month if it ever landed a big WU! Taken that m/c offline now for my daughter to watch DVD's with now - she's a happy bunny!

Well MFG is down 2 cpus while I sort out those particular servers, but He;ll be back to 7/8 cpus soon :D

Will do.

Got a 2000 thinger going atm :eek:

Mainframeguy said:
Rare to loose big WU's in my experience - but they can take weeks to post depending on your proc - I once had a PIII that would have taken a month if it ever landed a big WU! Taken that m/c offline now for my daughter to watch DVD's with now - she's a happy bunny!
I still run 600p RIBO units on my PIII 450 server. Slightly sluggish, yes. ;)

Woo done 6 work units since this morning apparently.. won't ask :D

Im gettting an error saying that windows cannot find C:\program

ive tried this on 2 pc's with the same result. any ideas?

error starting the program?

depends where you installed it. usually it's C:\program files\...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back