NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to sit down and get both of these cores folding, my number could be much better if I were utilizing both of them.

Well I bit the bullet and setup the no nonsense console services with two machine ids. Hopefully it's working properly, Speedfan is showing both cores @ 100%. Gotta watch my system performance and cpu heat over the next few days.

How hot are your cpus running? I'm all the way up to 57c on 100% load and it's staying stable there. That's a bit higher...my cnps9500 is running at 2596rpm.

Last edited:
Mine is about 50C, but it's an x2 proc. The core2's are running warmer in some cases and yours is oc'd :)

Core2s are running warmer than x2s? That's news to me as my e6600 is a 65watt cpu and most x2s are 89-125 watts right?

Anywho, yeah I have it overclocked =) I was just wondering if anyone here has on oc'd core2 and running F@H...I'd like to know their temps. I had to shut down my pc for the night so I can keep an eye on the temp for two full days before letting it go.

Power consumption != thermal dissipation.

You also don't need to run the cores @ 100%.

Something like 70-80% is a good compromise I think.

I'm reaching 62 during the hottest part of the day...I'm not comfortable with that. Time to ramp it down to 80 and see what happens.

Down to 55c at 80%. I'll leave it on over night and see how it does.

Better cooler? That Zalman CNPS9500 I have on there is a pretty good cooler. If I were to upgrade I would go watercooling and for a $300 processor that's a bit much. Next year I'll go with watercooling on my octo-core. :p

Hmm, well in that case try a different thermal paste. The zalman jobbie seems to do the trick for me, I prefer it over arctic cooling.

I used the paste that came with the zalman but I might have spread it a little too thin not covering properly.

When I was just running the graphical single core app on a single core I was averaging 206 I believe when I left it on for 24hrs. I'm at 60% using the two cores now and I'm down to 171. Odd...then I look at my running processes and the two services are using 00 cpu and F@Hcore is at 50%. odd...only one problem, I uninstalled it from the control panel and removed it from startup. Restarted and it's working properly.

With this AND my usb issue I'm beginning to think it's time to pop Acronis in and go back to day 1!

Im 50% load and Im running a dual core opteron. I rank 105 so far [Think thats user rank]. The optimizer and dual core patch from AMD really works well.
Well I was running for maximum PC a while back under Hunter. Then Im running for you guys. I was on and off but now Im in for the long haul once again. Sazar ol pal where are you? :)

Not much.

Log onto the IRC server. I'll probably be home in an hour or so :D

SMP Client with my e6400 at 3.2Ghz and a Zerothem cooler on I run less than 50 under full load. I hit 58 with looping instructions.

No, so long as you can turn a WU in six days you are in like Sven. I turn one every day, and the server turns one every day and a half, and a dual core 1.6Ghz laptop turns one every two and a half. Mebey I will add another couple to the SMP.

They actually seem to run 4-6 degrees cooler with the SMP client that two large WU clients running, just make sure that you have enough RAM to handle it. The four running instances took a bit over 1GB of RAM on my system at work.

That is the Linux version, Sean. They just mistakenly added the .exe extension to it. :D
Just download it, "chmod +x" it, and use ./FAH504-Linux.exe

It works on FreeBSD too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back