Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined First Machine!

EDIT 1: Joined 2nd Machine!

EDIT 2: Joined 3rd Machine!

Machine 1: 2.8 GHz Pentium 4 with 512MB RAM
Machine 2: Pentium III 600MHz with 128MB RAM
Machine 3: Pentium III-M 850MHz with 512MB RAM
Machine 4: 2.8 GHz Pentium 4 with 1GB RAM (will join soon)

Posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks alot Pokerblogger and for the record you can edit your posts, so none of the mnoderators get mad at you for multiple posting. Welcome to the team!

heh - you'll have some fun watching how long those PIII's take to crunch a unit! They will get there in the end though - don't forget to pick up a badge....

And to all the folks that congratulated me on my second 100k - thankyou thankyou ;)

It is good to see the team getting some real strength in depth now and as we develop that should lead to a more stable average with good scope for improvement.

Not been able to persuade any other teams to merge yet, but you never know what the future might hold...

We're back over 9k. Thanks all for your contributions.

I am still looking keenly at getting my current rig converted to a 100% folding jobbie by year's end. Will have my bonus and some other stuff so thats goot :D

Will it run faster and get more work done if I run multiple instances of the program on each machine?

They will get there in the end though - don't forget to pick up a badge....
I'll pick up a badge once I have a few stats :) Right now it shows me as 0 still.

mnoderators get mad at you for multiple posting
Posts merged
Thankfully they didn't seem to get too upset. For the record, I apologize . . . shouldn't of done that.

Will it run faster and get more work done if I run multiple instances of the program on each machine?....

no, though quite a few people seem to do this (I have little idea why, the only reason I can see to do it is if you have a multi-core CPU).

In fact it may leave you slightly more open to losing WU's since more are loaded up and take longer to post. For your PIII's you may wish to elect to process only WU's with no deadlines, since they can take weeks rather than says to get through a WU.

@Poker and @MFG -

We don't really get upset about posts in a row, just merge them and go on our way :)

some of you should be happy to know that I am back at it for now, but my main rig will not be folding 24/7 (heat issues). I will only keep it on for a couple of hours a day (in between waking up and getting ready for work).

I can't put it on my work computer because I was having some performance related issues and it was keeping me from getting my work done. The issues stopped once I stopped folding, so I am fairly certain that it was being caused by the folding client.

I am thinking about if I want to put it on my laptop or not because of the noise that the fan makes.

If you put your laptop to sleep often it won't do much... All i have left folding is my laptop because it runs the coolest - and look at my progress :s

But, a little is better than nothing though.

Couple of questions . . . sorry if they've already been asked.

1.) Do I have to do something to get the badge on next to my name?
2.) Where do I pick up that cool reporting thing for my sig? I want the vertical one.

Thanx!

I just configured a work laptop (one of the lab ones) to fold.

Couple of questions . . . sorry if they've already been asked.

1.) Do I have to do something to get the badge on next to my name?
- go to usercp
- click on group memberships
- click on "Folding Team"

As for the signature, put this in your signature

http://zedric.no-ip.com/osnn/sig.php?skin=OSNN&user=YOUR_FAH_USER_HERE with tags around it. (and obviously replace "YOUR_FAH_USER_HERE" with your FAH user name)

[I]posts merged[/I]

Last edited by a moderator:
Woot Woot!! Way to go Team!! We have hit the 4 million points mark as a team. Congrats to all the active members!!!

Woohoo.

And we're flirting with 10k a day again as well. Thanks to all the new peeps who joined and all the active peeps who keep plugging along :)

some of you should be happy to know that I am back at it for now, but my main rig will not be folding 24/7 (heat issues). I will only keep it on for a couple of hours a day (in between waking up and getting ready for work).

I can't put it on my work computer because I was having some performance related issues and it was keeping me from getting my work done. The issues stopped once I stopped folding, so I am fairly certain that it was being caused by the folding client.

I am thinking about if I want to put it on my laptop or not because of the noise that the fan makes.

What type of issues were you having? It is supposed to release CPU cycles as needed....

Woot Woot!! Way to go Team!! We have hit the 4 million points mark as a team. Congrats to all the active members!!!

4 million point party!!!

ejn74 said:

Really, everyone who contributed altogether should be thanked, as even though they might have retired from folding - they still did a part in that figure.

That is true but I am trying to encourage people to get back folding.

I've posted a couple units so far :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back