Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPeedY_B said:
It was you who showed me the extension for FireFox that allowed sidebars :D .. I don't remember the name now though :p

You're right, but the bug related to that which plagued the Firebird is still present in Firefox. This is the thread:
http://www.osnn.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34893&page=2&pp=40
Scroll a few posts down to see what the problem is.

I think I might know how to fix it though. Is there a direct .xul link to the OSNN sidebar?

Hard to believe we're so close to 1.0 with Firefox. Exciting!

muzikool said:
Hard to believe we're so close to 1.0 with Firefox. Exciting!

Yeah, these new features in 0.9 itseld are pretty significant. The Extension manager allows you to automatically update to new versions of your extensions as they become available.
We can also finally uninstall extensions without the need for the uninstaller extension.
tongue.gif

Firefox 1.0 is going to rule.

I can't wait for the OS X build of 1.0, it's being released after the Windows and Linux versions, tweaked for optimisation etc \o/

Hmm ... they updated the release calendar for Mozilla also ... RC3 is now the 7th :D

-edit- Oh and 1.7 final on the 11th ... so 12th for Firefox would make sense.

From what I see in the Firefox forums there may be a RC1 release tomorrow.

*Dr00ls with antisipation* :D

Anyone tried it yet? I'm a little sketchy on doing RC releases :)
Screenshots...anyone?

I'll install both Mozilla and FireFox latest builds in a minute. :)

Well here's a bit of genius.

firefox-0.9rc-mac.dmg.gz contains no other than FireFox 0.8 :p :D not sure if it's a mess-up with the files, or if it's a mess-up with the internal version number (ie; it is 0.9, but the version hasn't been updated) Either way, tis rather strange. :)

[edit] Just installed Mozilla too, which appears to be the right version ;) and is superb as ever :D

Attachments

• Mozilla 1.7rc3.png
    Mozilla 1.7rc3.png
    194.1 KB · Views: 76
Just added a new sidebar to my site, for Apple.com hot news (that little ticker bar on the front page of apple.com)

As always, at http://sidebar.speedyb.co.uk/ :)

Attachments

• NEW apple sidebar.jpg
    NEW apple sidebar.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 69
I believe the + after the v number indicates its a nightly build, so maybe thats how they have it indicated?

They usually change the build number for RC builds though.

I'm going to download either the 0.9 tgz, or a nightly tomorrow to see if it's changed by then. :)

I want to start of with a completely fresh/clean profile with 0.9, so I think I'm just going to wait for the final build. It's not too far away, in any case. The new Extension Manager looks really great though.
smile.gif

SPeedY_B said:
Well here's a bit of genius.

firefox-0.9rc-mac.dmg.gz contains no other than FireFox 0.8 :p :D not sure if it's a mess-up with the files, or if it's a mess-up with the internal version number (ie; it is 0.9, but the version hasn't been updated) Either way, tis rather strange. :)
I think they forgot to change a version number in the "about" page for RC1 release of mozilla 1.7 if I remember correctly so could be they have done it again. :) Also RC2 and RC3 both just say 1.7 in the "about" page .. guess w/out the date you wouldn't know what version was what. :p

funky dredd said:
Anyone tried it yet? I'm a little sketchy on doing RC releases :)
I would say that RC are far more stable then a nightly would be and are generally really stable anyways with only the minor bugs to be found before making them "final".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back