Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NetRyder said:
Not without third-party software. I use PowerMenu when I need to minimize stuff to the tray. Free, uses very little resources, and has a bunch of other useful little features.

ok, thanks

TIP - someone might find it useful

I've been using FireFox for quite awhile now. I love the extentions and themes for it.

The bookmarks that it makes is pretty useful. I copied the file bookmarks.html to my personal webspace that I have with my ISP, and when I'm at work I set my bookmarks as my homepage. Unfortunately I can't install FireFox at work.

Xie said:
The lunitic is on the grass ...
Not sience I joined the army :rolleyes: :p
I can't realy see a big diffarnce between Mozilla and Firefox, all the features Mozilla has firefox has as well, it just looks slightly different.

Grrr, This is kinda annoying.
Firefox keeps giving me a wierd error messege on some sites I blocked cookies from.
I appritiate its attempt to be friendly and all, but I am aware of my own actions :p
Is there any way to cancel that feature?

Attachments

• Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 98
its designed to stop sites from just taking you on a wild ride, but yes it can be annoying

Geffy said:
its designed to stop sites from just taking you on a wild ride, but yes it can be annoying
And sadly alot of sites do such things ... weather.com is one that comes to mind that i no longer use because of this :(

I must say that I am in love with FF, I tryed to use MyIE2 but it is not as good as FF...

I am waiting for 0.9

All of a sudden today the google search bar thingy in firefox isn't working anymore. Any idea how I can get it working again?

dreamliner77 said:
All of a sudden today the google search bar thingy in firefox isn't working anymore. Any idea how I can get it working again?

Left click on the icon that is there, be it Google, Dictionary or whatever. (see attachment)

Then click on "Add Engines" and when yer Browser opens up the Engines web site just reinstall it, see if that helps.

Also... maybe Google is just being bitchy today. :p

a while ago somone posted a method for lauching the browser with increased priority

it was with a batch file...could someone post that again for me, thanx in advance

perris said:
a while ago somone posted a method for lauching the browser with increased priority

it was with a batch file...could someone post that again for me, thanx in advance

That would be me
wink.gif

The command you add to the batch file is:
Code:
start /REALTIME C:\"Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

You can also use /LOW, /NORMAL, /BELOWNORMAL, /ABOVENORMAL, and /HIGH for the priority switch.

NetRyder said:
That would be me
wink.gif

The command you add to the batch file is:
Code:
start /REALTIME C:\"Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

You can also use /LOW, /NORMAL, /BELOWNORMAL, /ABOVENORMAL, and /HIGH for the priority switch.
thanx buddy...have you had any issues with this?

perris said:
thanx buddy...have you had any issues with this?

Nope, a browser isn't usually very CPU-intensive under normal circumstances, so it works fine. Page rendering "feels" a little snappier on higher priorities too...especially loading of large images etc.

I've got Firefox installed on my second partition with all of my applications. Is there any reason why it might run more efficiently if I throw it onto C: with my OS installation?

The Firefox program folder is on your second partition, and your profile folder is on your primary partition. In the end, it doesn't make a difference really since it's the same physical drive anyway.

muzikool said:
I've got Firefox installed on my second partition with all of my applications. Is there any reason why it might run more efficiently if I throw it onto C: with my OS installation?

As NetRyder said, No. But if you've had Firefox crash on occassion, for whatever reason. It wouldn't be a bad idea to defrag the drive Firefox is installed on. It couldn't hurt. It wouldn't be a bad idea for the entire system really.

Another thing is if there was a way to use Mozilla's Turbo Mode, aka "Quick Launch". But I don't know if there's a way to implement it in Firefox.

Mozilla say's that you should have an adequate amount of memory (they recommend at least 128 MB). But again, this is for Mozilla, not Firefox. :(

Maybe there's info on the Firefox forums.

Quick launch was removed from Firefox back when it was Firebird itself. It's only available in the Mozilla Suite now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back