Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Net Ryder I did everything except add the last line to my user_pref because I can't find it...the only things I see in my profile folder are localstore, search, mimetypes, and bookmarks...

ok I'm assuming I don't have one so how do I create one and keep my same settings that are default

Tuffgong4 said:
Net Ryder I did everything except add the last line to my user_pref because I can't find it...the only things I see in my profile folder are localstore, search, mimetypes, and bookmarks...

You also have to add the following line to your user.js file (located in the profile folder):
user_pref("browser.urlbar.autoFill", true);

It's the user.js file.

Read this link to understand it and how to create one.

http://texturizer.net/firefox/edit.html#user

Open up Notepad, and add the line I mentioned earlier. Save the file as "user.js" (with the quotes) in your profile folder. You need the quotes so that the file has the correct extension...without the quotes, it would be saved as user.js.txt

EDIT: ...or just take a look at the link gonaads posted. :D

nice I got it to work...thanks NetRyder and naads

Now if we can get an update on sk8caliguy00's tab browsing dilema. Maybe he's got it working?

just made the jump from IE6 too Firefox 0.8
must say im well impressed! very fast, and love that downloads manager, and the tabs

gonna check out some plugins now

is it possible too set it, so that any link you click normally (left click), opens in a tabbed window?
only way i can see now is too right click, then select "open in tab"

also is it possible too have multiple sites as a homepage on multiple tabs automatically?...
if so whats the formatting

thanks!

_kC_ said:
is it possible too set it, so that any link you click normally (left click), opens in a tabbed window?

also is it possible too have multiple sites as a homepage on multiple tabs automatically?...

thanks!

Read a few posts back on using the "tabbrowser extensions" and how to set it.

And also see the post on multiple home pages.

ANybody know how to make FireFox go back to where you were on a page when you hit the back button (IE, if I'm 25 posts down and hit reply and then go back, I'm not at the top of the thread again)?

_kC_ said:

If you have a mouse with a clickable scroll-wheel (or middle button), that opens the link in a new tab as well.

_kC_ said:
ialso is it possible too have multiple sites as a homepage on multiple tabs automatically?...

See this post :)
http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showpost.php?p=21817&postcount=280

I've just installed Firefox but when I go to a page with images it takes ages to load them but if I use IE they load instantly :confused:
I get this .....

Probably because you visited the site earlier with IE, IE saved them on the harddisk (cache) and when you open the site with IE, it loads them from cache. Obviously FireFox has never been installed on your computer, so it still needs to build it's cache.

Oh I see.It did it on the Mozilla site and I've never ever been there before with IE.
I have to see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back