Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Using Firebird 0.7 right now, the solid release available on the front page. :)

Xie

- geek -
living on the bleeding edge (kinda) ...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20031222

shox

OSNN Junior Addict
polyglory said:
I am currently running on IE6, can someone tell which is the most stable one to try out first. :)

.7 is stable release
working well here - often the nightlies are neat tho

B~B

Worlds best idiot!
I use IE 6.0.2800 at the moment. If I d/l and try Mozilla or Mozilla Firebird, will it upset stuff or will both work?

sboulema

OSNN Veteran Addict
you can run IE and Mozilla and Firebird all at the same time, and they wont conflict wtih each other

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
You can run IE, Mozilla, Mozilla FireBird all together if you want, you can even run 2 copies of moz (stable/nightly) :D

X-Istence

Political User
That is the cool think, Mozilla FireBird doesnt touch any settings, and doesnt use the registry (Clean deinstall :p)

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
hides the damned conf files from you though (if you're new to it and not knowledgeable to where they are) which doesn't cause a problem, but when you remove an app it can be annoying to find bits left over.

Hopefully that will be rectified once FB comes with an installer :)

X-Istence

Political User
Uhm, their not hidden, they are put there where all standard windows programs also dump its ****, and windows apps leave their **** behind there as well. They dont remove it when its uninstalled.

Just a note, when you use FireBird on Linux, it creates a .phoenix folder in your homedir, same sort of concept.

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
I am using Firebird .7

When I am downloading a file, is there someway that, as it is downloading, It d/l's directly to the specified folder, instead of into the "temp" folder first then, when complete, transfers over to the specified folder?

Heeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawginhere