Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preferences > Advanced. Un-tick the "hide the tab bar when only one website is open" that'll show your tabs all the time.

Chris said:
In Firefox, got to Tools > Options

The option to set it as default browser is there.

:mad:

if you have read i already told that i try that and it doesnt work...i'm not so dumb

thanks anyway

well after trying everything someone recommend this application

SetBrowser

and finally firefox IS THE DAMN DEFAULT BROWSER!!!!

thanks you

ps

chris, sorry for being rude but i was really piss off been trying all day to make it the default browser, sorry

Daeron Tinúviel said:
well after trying everything someone recommend this application

SetBrowser

and finally firefox IS THE DAMN DEFAULT BROWSER!!!!

thanks you

Yaaaaaay!!! :p

another really dumb question about FIrefox .8...I can't find the option to auto fill in the web address you are typing in so that you can just hit enter and not down and tab I thought I found it a couple of times but I can't

Can I carry over the User.js from Firebird0.7? I keep trying, and the functions does not want to work. Fox will not open a new tab for every site that I open. I think that this might need an extension. How do Import my bookmarks into Fox?

Heeter

Should be able to copy over the user.js, i did. Open links in a tab instead of a window needs a tab extension (tbe, or other) bookmarks are kept in the file cleverly called bookmarks.html

Anyone use Hotmail and have issues with it using FireFox? I can't select 'Block' or 'Junk Mail' for selected messages using the browser. There is no response from the buttons whatsoever, all I can do is delete. :confused:

Wow, even on FreeBSD there is a noticable difference. Fonts look a lot better, and its overall faster.

how do you import your IE bookmarks easily into firefox? i can't do it by hand because i have several hundred.

Does anyone know how to keep it from redirecting to a page that says "sending link to {whatever download manager you are using}" ?? That is really annoying. as it just makes you have to eclick the back button when you start the download.

[edit]Nevermind, I went back to MyIE. This is a nice browser but it has to many things not right with it.[/edit]

allbusiness said:
how do you import your IE bookmarks easily into firefox? i can't do it by hand because i have several hundred.

They are usually imported automatically. If you open/click "Bookmarks" there should be a bookmark listed that is titled "Imported IE Favorites".

muzikool said:
Anyone use Hotmail and have issues with it using FireFox? I can't select 'Block' or 'Junk Mail' for selected messages using the browser. There is no response from the buttons whatsoever, all I can do is delete. :confused:
No problems here. I do see that instead of a hand, a normal text select 'arrow' shows up when hovering over those buttons. But I can click 'em

don't mean to ask this again I'm just still really confused...is there a way to set it to auto complete the web address for you. I have looked through it and tried a few things but I can't get it to work

Glaanieboy said:
No problems here. I do see that instead of a hand, a normal text select 'arrow' shows up when hovering over those buttons. But I can click 'em

Yeah, I get the arrow too, but I can't do anything with the buttons. :shrug:

gonaads said:
They are usually imported automatically. If you open/click "Bookmarks" there should be a bookmark listed that is titled "Imported IE Favorites".

Thats what I meant, through the GUI.

Thanks Gonaads.

Heeter

ok when I click in my email for myway.com the reply button just doesn't work! I don't understand how a normal link in a website just won't click in this program but will in IE

guys i need a little help here........i have a "little figth" with what i think is some jerk...he is telling me firefox do not render HTML correctly, he says IE is the standar browser and is the one that render the way it is.....i've been trying to tell him that he is wrong, yes there are pages that dont look ok in firefox but in most of the cases is because some programmer doesnt use the html correctly. who is right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back