Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess the Book of Mozilla will need to be updated now ;)

All this Firefox talk makes me want a new "official" mozilla release :(

funky dredd said:
That looks pretty good. i think I'll give it a shot ;)

Definitely worth a shot, especially for the Junk Mail filter, if not anything else.
And with the Calendar extension, it becomes pretty much an open-source alternative to Outlook. :)

Unfortunately I need Outlook for work, so this will replace OE. I like it already. I don't have any junk mail (atm) so I won't be needing that for some time. What's the calendar extension?

off topic: I updated my signature script so that it correctly shows Firefox.

Glaanieboy said:
off topic: I updated my signature script so that it correctly shows Firefox.

Nice!
icon14.gif

Updated my Sig too. Click on it and get it now. :D

Very cool! Small and non-intrusive...yet something that stands out. :D

hmm an interesting point here http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=50876&sid=8fe8ce807983884f22106a5078060869.
I usually download optimised versions of firebird so I downloaded version 8 final i.e. firefox and found the icons and the about logo to be the old firebird ones where as everything else is firefoxed. The link mentions that the new icons are not for general release and will be kept for just the official versions :( Oh will reshack soon does the icon for me to make it look nice on my system :)
Also what about thunderbird is that in for a name change (as SURELY there is a name clash there!) So is thunderFOX around the corner and if so is it a relation to a thunderCAT?
;) :p

hey gente!!!

i need help i cant set firebird as my default browser IE still keeps coming as default any ideas how to correct this?

thanks in advanced

Daeron Tinúviel said:
hey gente!!!

i need help i cant set firebird as my default browser IE still keeps coming as default any ideas how to correct this?

thanks in advanced

Click on "tools" on the top bar. Then click "options" from the dropdown box. Then click the "general" tab on the left of the window that opens up, then click the "set default browser" button. That's it.

I am giving Mozilla another go...tried Firebird last time and trying FireFox this time around...just wish I could find the Tabbed Browser Extensions that work correctly with FireFox and I think its safe to say that I will no longer be using IE. I also downloaded Thunderbird and I must say I like it also.

I usually prefer to use Tabbrowser Preferences instead of TBE. It's always less of a hassle. TBE keeps breaking when there's any small change in the builds.

well....I like my tabs to be at the bottom of the browser...where do I find the Tabbrowser Preferences anyway?

O.k .. I installed firefox and have to say that it is a sweeeeeeet browser. is there a way to get the tabs to opn when you select a favorite link, web page hyper link, or drag a link like instead of it opening another browser window ?? also how do I get flashget to work with this ??

muzikool said:
Anyone use the tabbrowser extensions and know how to single out the "Manage Attachments" link from opening in a new tab? I looked in the options of the extensions, but couldn't figure anything out.

Maybe I posted this at a bad time before. NetRyder, can you (or someone) help me out with this?

Tabbrowser Extensions: http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions.html
However, the site is down at the moment due to server overload. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back