Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird and other Gecko-based software discussion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tabbrowser extensions question

Anyone use the tabbrowser extensions and know how to single out the "Manage Attachments" link from opening in a new tab? I looked in the options of the extensions, but couldn't figure anything out.

SPeedY_B said:
From the file.
What I meant was this: Using MySQL you can calculate a MD5 string with "MD5("String you want to calculate")". So if I understand it correctly, the MD5 calculator would read the entire binary contents of the file (like a biiiiiig string) and calculate a MD5 checksum from it?

edit: Thanks Khayman.

SPeedY_B said:
Firefox? ... guh. Just sounds geh if you ask me. I just hope they can keep the name this time!

Hmmmm... old Clint Eastwood movie (when he stole that secret russian jet). :p

ok, i uninstalled everything, then i installed Firefox After a reboot... im still getting the error now, i cant even open the browser, it just keeps saying "Error Launching browswer window: no XBL binding for browser"

dubstar said:
ok, i uninstalled everything, then i installed Firefox After a reboot... im still getting the error now, i cant even open the browser, it just keeps saying "Error Launching browswer window: no XBL binding for browser"

Found this...

There is an easy (temporary) fix for "No XBL binding for browser": just copy toolkit.jar\content\global\bindings to toolkit.jar\content\global\widgets

was on this page:

http://www.squarefree.com/burningedge/archives/000179.html

You may want to read it all.

This new browser it sweet... I LIKE IT. :D

Is that a bad thing... or a good thing?

[edit]
One thing I did notice is all your engines, ie... dictionary, thesaurus, etc... went poof. Gotta reinstall them. Unless I find them in a folder and do the copy/paste dance. :D

Glaanieboy said:
What I meant was this: Using MySQL you can calculate a MD5 string with "MD5("String you want to calculate")". So if I understand it correctly, the MD5 calculator would read the entire binary contents of the file (like a biiiiiig string) and calculate a MD5 checksum from it?

edit: Thanks Khayman.
yes md5 takes and creates a hash based on the file. its used to check if files are complete ... very much used in lossless music trading to make sure your files are all 100% of what they should be w/ no corruption in the downloading.

Can't forget Thunderbird 0.5, which was also released simulataneously. :)

h-tb-dl.png

MozillaZine.org said:
The Mozilla Foundation today released the latest preview release of its new email and newsgroups application, Mozilla Thunderbird. This release features Palm address book synchronisation, IMAP performance improvements, better LDAP support, enhanced Netscape 4.x migration, spell check/dictionary improvements, and many other bug fixes and minor tweaks.

Thunderbird 0.5 can be downloaded from the Thunderbird product page or direct from the Thunderbird 0.5 directory on ftp.mozilla.org. Check out the Thunderbird 0.5 Release Notes for more information.

Mozilla Thunderbird Product Page
Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5 Release Notes

I've never tried thunderbird. Is it any good? Anyone got any screenshots of it?

Yeah I should have grabbed Thunderbird earlier but 1) nobody here was asking about it so I didn't grab it for myself or mirror 2) I thought /. effect would have been over by now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back