Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I hope so, but not sure yet

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Definitely

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Wait to see how it functions in the "real world", then decide

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
Why is that not good news? sqlite 3 is public domain!

And that it was going to crash was well known ahead of time, that is why it handles it so slick, and I really like that after a crash, you plug it back in, and it asks you if you want to send the crash log.

Psssh, ringtones.

A non-issue really since there are updates coming.

And, people, stick it on vibrate and stick it down your pants and BLAM... all happy ;)

0.o Razr? retarded interface? wha? it's basically the same interface as.... well... as any other phone out there. If you ask me, the iPhone's interface would get a tad more tedious... especially having to lock the phone basically every time you don't have it in your hand. Then there's the fact that the screen will more than likely smudge.... which will result in needing to be cleaned.... which could result in scratching the crap out of it's pretty glass face. Add to that the fact that it apparently has nowhere even close to 8 hours of talk time (according to an article at Wireless Info, 4 hours 3 minutes voice, 3 hours 11 minutes using the browser and EDGE), and... well... i don't know what you'd get...... waste of money? *shrug*

haha. That lady got schooled.

Woulda been even more funny if the kid wasn't even sitting there for an iPhone..... if he had just been there in the first spot to see what it was like to wait in line. I know they said that he was with a group of 3 people and were only getting 2 iPhones.... but i mean if he wasn't even there with a group.

The AT&T edge network took a dump :p. I touched an iPhone today, a friend of mine has one. It was like touching god. It felt heavenly :p!

It is really cool, and to my surprise the keyboard works remarkably well!

yeah. apparently there are still quite a few people that haven't been able to activate their iPhone.

yeah. apparently there are still quite a few people that haven't been able to activate their iPhone.

And all the pessimistic people rejoice for any type of problem or issue that presents itself. :rolleyes:

AT&T dropped the ball on its end. The company knew massive amounts of people were going to be activating in a short period of time, and so it should have load-tested and prepared better.

THe iPhone looks neat, it's just not for me.

Thats quite amusing :p

And yes RAZR has a retarded interface, unpolished too. I've had phones by Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Samsung and HTC (with WM5) as well as the RAZR. Compared to all of them the RAZR interface is retarded poorly thought out and implemented. Uncovering settings was probably the worse aside from the Duplo like style.

But this is an iPhone thread so we can ditch the RAZR now :D

Any of Motorola's interfaces are retarded, not just the RAZR's.

Thing that caught me off-gaurd about the iPhone, is that the home button is actually a push button, and is not touch sensitive. Something which I find a shame, as that will make it easier for dust to get into the casing of the iPhone. It is also lighter than I had expected, and the touch screen is VERY accurate.

X, a few things.

First, the sucker is made mostly from Plastic so I would be shocked it if weighed a ton.

Second, the dust, I would not be so worried about because of the way the product is packaged. And if it is a concern, it will be fixed soon enough.

Perhaps the best overall review by anyone on the web :)

http://anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3027&p=1

Btw, I LOVE this picture. Read the article to find the context ;)

censoredpoop.jpg

Perhaps the best overall review by anyone on the web :)
http://anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3027&p=1
censoredpoop.jpg
I'm generally a fan of AnandTech's reviews, but I honestly think Engadget did a better job with this one, as I mentioned in the other thread. It felt much more thorough, and more importantly, it felt more balanced.

For instance, Anand says that "the iPhone email client is one of the best applications on the device," whereas Engadget states - "There's no other way than to come out and say it: we are extremely disappointed in the iPhone's email app." After trying it out in person, I definitely agree with the latter.

There's a fine line between "simplicity" and dumbing something down to the point where it becomes tedious because of oversimplification. The iPhone doesn't support multi-selects, so you have to delete one email at a time, and it takes a minimum of two clicks each time. Email is one of the most used apps on my phone (besides calling, of course), and I can see this limitation becoming very annoying very fast. And there are other pretty serious issues that any heavy mobile email user will immediately notice:

• The POP mail you read on your iPhone does not show up as read in Mail.app after sync.
  • Sent messages on your iPhone are not synced to Mail.app's sent folder
  • There is no BCC.
  • No ability "mark all / selected" as read.
  • No search
Anand claims that "the Blackberry is designed to all but replace your computer for email, while the iPhone is far more of a companion device." I don't see how it's even an effective companion device if it doesn't actually synchronize read/unread message states. When you return to your computer, you'll end up going through all the same emails again. That's redundant work. It's true that the email messages themselves display beautifully, but the cons easily outweigh this one positive aspect, IMO.

Then there's also the issue of broad generalizations leading to inaccuracies in the Anandtech review. In the "Simplicity Perfected" section, for example, he makes it sound like it's so much more tedious to switch to vibrate mode on Windows Mobile phones based on his experience with the Blackjack. Both my HTC Wizard and Treo 700wx (among many other WM-based devices) have dedicated buttons/switches on the side/top to switch to vibrate mode, just like the iPhone does, and they behave in exactly the same way. That wasn't noted anywhere in the review.

For anyone still on the fence, I think Engadget's review is a must-read. Each section clearly highlights both the positive aspects and the shortcomings, which is important if you want to make an informed decision rather than an impulsive one.

From what I've read, it's possible to eject the SIM card by pushing a pin into a hole at the top of the phone.

Yeah, I did some more research and discovered that too. Good to know that they did that right after all. I stand corrected!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back