• I hope so, but not sure yet

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Definitely

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Wait to see how it functions in the "real world", then decide

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
Re: Iphone??? should i get it?

Hmm... last I checked sales exceeded expectations, and I never read anything stating Apple expected 1M sold in a week. Still, 700K is really shabby. :rolleyes:

One of many sources

thestreet.com is one of the top financial websites:

http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/07/05/sold.between.200.700k/

They were expecting to sell out of the first lot, they did not. The financial markets are driven by performance to expectations. The stock price typically runs based on performance 6 months out and iphone mania was priced in last winter. If your earnings are up 10% but the expectaitonwas 11% your stock gets hit. What surprises me is that Apple went up when performing below expectations.

Last edited:
Oh man! Not a smart thing to blend a Lithium Ion battery pack. They have no idea what could have happened.

It took 12 hours to put the fire out on a high capacity one we were "destruction" testing at work.

Oh man! Not a smart thing to blend a Lithium Ion battery pack. They have no idea what could have happened.

It took 12 hours to put the fire out on a high capacity one we were "destruction" testing at work.
but they would just blend the fire to death.

Re: Iphone??? should i get it?

What surprises me is that Apple went up when performing below expectations.

Its called the Jobs effect, if Steve Jobs worked at MS then their stock price would go up after every security hole was published.

Just saw on BBC that Apple sold about 270,000 iPhones in the first 2 days and AT&T activated 146,000, thats around 124,000 iPhones which are probably not being used for calling :p

I thought they allegedly sold 500,000 plus in the first 2 days.

:eek:

What the heck?

I thought they allegedly sold 500,000 plus in the first 2 days.

:eek:

What the heck?

That was the analysts

BBC News | Business | Mac and iPhone sales boost Apple said:
Analysts had been expecting the number sold in the first weekend would be closer to 500,000.

That was the analysts
i originally heard they thought they would sell 700,000 or something lol..
When you think about it, 200,000 is nothing.

Motorola and Nokie each probably have 30% or more of the cellphone market.
Apple has... less than 1 :p

i originally heard they thought they would sell 700,000 or something lol..
When you think about it, 200,000 is nothing.

Yeah they thought, or more likely hoped, they would sell more, every company in the ****ing world does.

Motorola and Nokia have been around for years so of course they have a bigger share of the market, Apple just started. You expect Apple to get 10 or 20 percent of the market in a few short months. Wow are you one of those "analysts" that predicted 500,000 or 700,000 iPhones already?

Yeah they thought, or more likely hoped, they would sell more, every company in the ****ing world does.

Motorola and Nokia have been around for years so of course they have a bigger share of the market, Apple just started. You expect Apple to get 10 or 20 percent of the market in a few short months. Wow are you one of those "analysts" that predicted 500,000 or 700,000 iPhones already?
I dont expect apple to do anything.
I hate apple...
I expect them to sell another dud.

The lack of common sense in this post is astounding. Way to go. Geffy already made the point here.

I dont expect apple to do anything.
I hate apple...
I expect them to sell another dud.

Really, are you sure? Your extreme bias against Apple is no secret, and your spewing-out against anything and everything the company does is tiring.

As for this thread in general, non-constructive posts will be deleted and/or the thread will be closed depending on the way things play out.

Whoa, defensive :)

A large part of Apple's stock price is built on expectations that it has nurtured itself.

Yah, not a bright comment by Vanq on that, I'll agree :)

I played with one a few days ago for a few minutes.

I only tried the web browser and YouTube. Love what they've done with those two... especially YouTube.

However I kept on mistyping on the keyboard :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back