Firebird Discussion

here's some tips for the new 0.7...

go to about:config and set true

browser.turbo.enabled

and if you want IE style scrolling...

middlemouse.scrollbarPosition
and
general.smoothscroll

with browser.turbo.enabled, you still need to launch the turbo startup via firebird.exe -turbo which will bung an icon in your system tray a-la mozilla quick-start :)

I guess I don't have the need for the turbo switch. After the initial launch, Firebird takes the same time to load as IE.
But that's a nice tip nonethelesss. :)

What is up with the DL site for Firebird it's been dead all day and most of yesterday. I've been trying to DL version 0.7 and nothing. :mad: :( ... very annoying.

[edit]

never mind it just started working again. Yippy!!! :D

If it doesn't work for anyone else, just point your FTP client to ftp.mozilla.org and get it from there.

That's the site that was not connecting... maybe their servers were overloaded?

The downloads point at http://ftp.mozilla.org/ you need to get an actual FTP client and connect to the FTP server, not through http

from ftp.mozilla.org - some blurb removed
Status: Connected with ftp.mozilla.org. Waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 tricia.cc.gatech.edu FTP server (Version wu-2.6.2-11.73.1external) ready.
Command: USER anonymous
Response: 331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
Command: PASS *******************
Response:
230-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response: 230- There are currently 158 users on this system,
Response: 230- out of a possible 200 anonymous Users.
Response: 230-

Response: 230-
Response: 230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
Command: PWD
Response: 257 "/" is current directory.
Command: PORT 213,177,225,204,10,12
Response: 200 PORT command successful.
Command: TYPE A
Response: 200 Type set to A.
Command: LIST
Response: 150-Opening ASCII mode data connection for directory listing.
Response: 150 Restricting network throughput to 393216 bytes/s.
Response: 226 Transfer complete.
see :D

you beat meh :p

plug in request please.

anyway to get a "find" box on the tool bar?

I love find...this would be great

I am trying my best to use firebird and like it...but...I have been using MyIE2 and absolutely love how it opens a new tab for each bookmark you click...I also like how you can choose where the tabs appear...can I set Firebird to do this as well?

Sure you can.

To open bookmarks in tabs, just use the middle (scroll) button when you click them. That's how all tab links work, with the middle button.

To reorder tabs, you need the TabBrowser Extension. This will give you a context menu (right-click menu) for tabs that you can use to move tabs around.

If you use the TabBrowser Extension you can set it to always open windows in a new tab.

From a post at mozillazine:

As for the resizing thing, here's a list of the various preferences to prevent Web sites from changing your browser: (about:config)

Code:
pref("dom.disable_window_open_feature.close", true);
pref("dom.disable_window_open_feature.directories", true);
pref("dom.disable_window_open_feature.location", true);
pref("dom.disable_window_open_feature.menubar", true);
pref("dom.disable_window_open_feature.minimizable", true);
pref("dom.disable_window_open_feature.personalbar", true);
pref("dom.disable_window_open_feature.resizable", true);
pref("dom.disable_window_open_feature.scrollbars", true);
pref("dom.disable_window_open_feature.status", true);
pref("dom.disable_window_open_feature.titlebar", true);
pref("dom.disable_window_open_feature.toolbar", true);

If you have it set to "true" then it prevents the Web site from doing that - "false" allows it

**edit - hmmm. did not seem to work..........

Check this trick out, not very useful but it could be if developed:

Under your taskbar properties, turn FIREBIRD on as your internet button to show in the start menu, in the "Customize Start Menu" options page.

Open your start menu after applying this and right click the FIREBIRD icon now there. A PREFERENCES buttton should be there, clicking on it will open a big options section, although most of it does not work.

Kinda interesting, looks like something someone forgot to finish? Or decided not to. There is probably an easier way to get this menu up, a command or applet somethere.

Check out the screener below if you don't get it up.

Yes, that's actually the Preferences dialog from the original Mozilla suite.
You can also access it by entering chrome://communicator/content/pref/pref.xul into the address bar.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back