Firebird Discussion

yeah i know, thanks anyway i just love firebird, is the best!!

Optimaz doesn't work, easygestures too annoying. All-in-one gestures is he only one that works without too much hassle. Thanks. If only Firebird could load all webpages correctly,then it would be my primary browser.

nice post...all true.

this thread is not for comparing browsers however.

but let's let this post stand for the sake of the information.

let's keep future posts from comparing broswers though, as the original intention of this thread is mozilla support, and not to create any comparisons

in fairness to microsoft, they are not allowed to develope their browser due to court rulings, but that has nothing to do with the facts as stated

Ummm....not too sure what else to cheer for....thinking, thinking....thinking......got it. I love the way both the browser and mail client have been named after birds and the analogies the marketing team drew from thunder and fire :D

I just wene to open my browser, and it doesn't open.

the hourglass thingy spins for about half a second, then gives up

I think this will resolve on a reboot, but any idea what this is?

well, I haven't plugged anything in...happy with the browser as it stands...so that's not it

i also restarte...issue still there.

gonna get another build, and reinstall...someone have a stable daily for me to download?

I've got 0.6 but only a 56k modem which will slow transfer down. I'm sure you'll find a copy with google :)

grab 0.7 dealer.

BTW dealer, if it wernt for me, you would still be using your old browser, because i pushed you, you are now using FireBird.

let's go as far as to say there would only be one browser on my box.

anyway, this is the version I have;

that's supposed to be the latest stable release...am I wrong?

This comes straight from the website:
Mozilla Firebird 0.7 is a Technology Preview. While this software works well in most cases, generally well enough to be relied upon as your primary browser, we make no guarantees of its performance or stability in its pre-1.0 state and it should not be relied upon for mission-critical tasks.

Originally posted by dealer
I just wene to open my browser, and it doesn't open.

the hourglass thingy spins for about half a second, then gives up

I think this will resolve on a reboot, but any idea what this is?

Dealer, the reason for your problem with Firebird/Mozilla not opening and yes it will resolve itself with a reboot or possibly a log-off is because a part of Firebird/Mozilla did not close (what it is I don't know... I've had it happen to me also) and is in some way keeping it from starting.

Dealer, that's the version number of Mozilla, not MozillaFirebird. You must be using the newest Mozilla release.

ya, I guess I grabbed it when it was released...ok, I'll swotch back to the bird then.

got a link for me?

hi.

thanx for all the help.

first, a reboot didn't help

then, went to taskmanager, and indeed a mozilla .exe was running.

ended that, but no joy.'

now it's back up.

I'll end the process with taskmanager, then try a reboot to boot...(so to speak)

I'll post back later when I do the reboot

thanx again everybody

I'd stay away from the newer builds though. Too many bugs. Stick with 0.7.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back