Firebird Discussion

The "Close other tabs" option in the tab context menu is quite handy too. I used to use the TabBrowser extensions in older versions to accomplish this, so it's nice to see that it's part of the browser now
:)

My firebird is acting up.

Every now and then i cant do anything on a page anymore, wont let me scroll anymore, and wont let me click or type anything in any typing box.

I hit refresh and it works again, but i think this is a bug.

I've started experiencing the annoying front-page stretching problem :(

Originally posted by Vector_One
You're lucky, X-istence. It's annoying as hell.

As a workaround, just use the non-expanded versions of Ekko or Orbitz. It seems to solve the problem.

Originally posted by NetRyder
As a workaround, just use the non-expanded versions of Ekko or Orbitz. It seems to solve the problem.

Not for me it doesn't. I know the ekko theme works for some people, but all the themes give me the stretched out menu.

It varies, which will probably make tracking down the bug really hard for the developers.

Can't clear privacy(history,cache,password,cookies....).I am using
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6a) Gecko/20031014 Firebird/0.7+ (aebrahim).

Any help
Thanks!

It is ok after I cerat a new profile.But I am still wondering to know hot it happened(Because I always have a clean install,before installing this version I had deleted the old version of FB and profile)

using now the 0.7 still has the strech page bug grrrrr

by the way anyone knows how to move cache folder to another location?

Add the following line to the user.js file in your profile folder:

user_pref("browser.cache.disk.parent_directory", "C:\\Path_To_Temp");

Im joining the stretched page club.

Nothing much i can do. Anyways, just a tip to make browsing even faster. Use good and fast DNS server, it will speed up browsing forums especially cause of users sigs being all over the place, thus a lot of DNS qeuries.

NetRyder

i dont know but seems to me that the cachefolder relocation didnt work

Originally posted by NetRyder
Add the following line to the user.js file in your profile folder:

user_pref("browser.cache.disk.parent_directory", "C:\\Path_To_Temp");

renakuajo, you did change "C:\\Path_To_Temp" to the folder or directory where you want the cache to be?

yeah but i found where i screw up....i create a users.js instead of user.js

i fixed and now it work like a charm, thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back