Winamp 5 Discussion

Winamp 5 seems just like 3 to me

Isn't Winamp 5 suppose to be faster to load and easier on resources? I installed it, and i'm using the MMD3 skin and all, but it seems to load up just as slow. the filename was "winamp50superprealphaleetness2_full_noaod.exe" and i checked the ver. its 2.92. Also when ever i close WA5, it pops an error message saying runtime error. Also Ctrl+Alt+Del to check the CPU usage and Mem Usage, CPU was about 66 and Mem Usage was 30, 652 K. Is that normal? BTW I'm running a Pentium 2 ^_^

Re: Winamp 5 seems just like 3 to me

Originally posted by Kira Yamato
Isn't Winamp 5 suppose to be faster to load and easier on resources? I installed it, and i'm using the MMD3 skin and all, but it seems to load up just as slow. the filename was "winamp50superprealphaleetness2_full_noaod.exe" and i checked the ver. its 2.92. Also when ever i close WA5, it pops an error message saying runtime error. Also Ctrl+Alt+Del to check the CPU usage and Mem Usage, CPU was about 66 and Mem Usage was 30, 652 K. Is that normal? BTW I'm running a Pentium 2 ^_^

Being that is is an alpha it will have various bugs, The biggest probs will come with the skins you use - Using diff ones will have diff affects, like use diff resources and cause diff errors..

This is great ! I'm very happy.. I've waited this for a long time.. and here it is.
it's still alpha (illegal LOL.. its freeware!!) if you ask me they're angry that we've seen their new alpha and they cannot surprise us now.. but it always happens....
I'll wait for alpha 2
see you

P.S.
see the what's new section :)
the is one new feature
  • yeah
happy to start developing the new 5 ver.. :)
----------
Heth.

wavey.gif
to all the new members :)

Im liking this winamp 5. Nice, handles my playlists just like the old winamp, but i cant find where it puts my html generated playlists. Also for the guy who said it takes 22+megs is you have a lot of songs on the playlist, i have 3400 mp3,s on my playlist and its taking 10 megs right now...

OK - Today I descovered a VERY bad bug with this thing ... it does not like the halflife engine or the unreal2 engine AT ALL!

I'm a developer for the Unreal2 engine (HL - I play CS, lol), and if I have this open while running ether engine up it gets its knickers in a real twist ... normally ending in having to reboot!

This is a little annoying seeing as I tend to have WinAmp on all the time - spodes its a problem which can be addressed!

nasty, i don't play music when I cs, as I like to use the footsteps etc.

Looks great so far especially for alph1 I recently got W3 and some of the skins made it hard to find some of the controls such as where to change some of the skins. I can't wait to get it!

Chill Winston!!!

Didnt mean to rile ya!

When closing Winamp down does anyone else here get an error 'beep'. More of an annoyance than anything else.

PS It wasnt a 'ridiculous statement'...it was quite accurate infact. Meant in a light-hearted way. Hence the " a disgrace i tell'ya" part.

Originally posted by Hematic
Im liking this winamp 5. Nice, handles my playlists just like the old winamp, but i cant find where it puts my html generated playlists. Also for the guy who said it takes 22+megs is you have a lot of songs on the playlist, i have 3400 mp3,s on my playlist and its taking 10 megs right now...

wtf :( I only have one song in my playlist, and its taking like 29mb of memory with the MMD3 skin, but when I try just the base skin its like 14mb of memory, wow what a difference:eek: When I was using winamp 2.x, with a skin or just the baase skin, it usually only took 2 - 10mb of memory.

Is it because I'm running a Pentium 2? Everyone else here is saying it takes up so little. :confused:

BTW, how come everytime I open winamp 5, it always opens in the center of the screen?

Originally posted by Kira Yamato
wtf :( I only have one song in my playlist, and its taking like 29mb of memory with the MMD3 skin, but when I try just the base skin its like 14mb of memory, wow what a difference:eek: When I was using winamp 2.x, with a skin or just the baase skin, it usually only took 2 - 10mb of memory.

Is it because I'm running a Pentium 2? Everyone else here is saying it takes up so little. :confused:

BTW, how come everytime I open winamp 5, it always opens in the center of the screen?

The cause is the skin you are using .

Chill Winston!!!
K! :)

When closing Winamp down does anyone else here get an error 'beep'. More of an annoyance than anything else.
Are you using a skin? it gave me an error beep when I had it running+skinned.

Is it because I'm running a Pentium 2?
A pentium2 isn't your memory is it ;) what speed is the chip and how much system memory do you have?

Yes i did have it skinned. That was probably it!!

Gone now, back to Quin. :)

You know guys Alpha 4 is out.. i've heard they have fixed the skinning, lowered the overhead, and added burning support

Originally posted by StaticFish
You know guys Alpha 4 is out.. i've heard they have fixed the skinning, lowered the overhead, and added burning support
Oooh, fun fun :D
Info ? Links ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back