Winamp 5 Discussion

All the .exe links are down. I can only get the .rar. Could someone put up a workable link for the .exe?

freeform skins?

What is the freeform skins in the preferences used for? I thought it was for winamp3 skins...but i get errors so i guess not haha

It is for freeform skins (ie: skinning that is not restricted to the sinple rectanular shape of the "base" skin) there is extremely limited support for winamp3 skins.. I'm sure that this will be improved upon in the future.

the MMD3 skin works for me here? have you tried that one?

i juss typed winamp50superprealphaleetness2_full_noaod.exe in filemirrors.com and it gave me a whole bunch. finished downloadin right now!

just tap in winamp5 and you'll get more ;)
There appears to be 2 file names out there, but they're both the same :)

Yup, someone obviously decided to use getright when Geffy was hosting the file, gives a 404 now tho ;)

Just a heads up, but I've heard that Nullsoft is pursuing legal action against w5 distributers.... might want to tread carefully here.

Heard from where? I'm still trying to trace the exact origin of these aligations.
I've tried to contact nullsoft directly, but it seems that anything @winamp.com isn't functional right now.

I heard it from KaosAD the admin over at designtechnika. He posted that as the reason he took the link down.

hey kaos, could I get a link to where you saw the news about the w5 legal action?

thx!

lee
Oh damn man, you'll have to give me some time to go back through all the news sites. It said that Nullsoft was taking legal action against anyone distributing it becuase it was an internal leak. Give me some time today to run across it again.

The only place that I've seen it mentioned was on the winamp forums.
But as I say, I have tried to contact Nullsoft myself (with no names mentioned :) ) but with no luck, so it's not even like we can ask permission etc.

If AOL really want to take any form of action then I'm sure we would have been contacted by now.

I wonder if one of Justin Frankles groupies in the company leaked it - That would be funny ..

OK - first off ... I'm new but visit your site quite often!

I'm a big fan of WinAmp and saw you had an early release of WinAmp5 so got it ... thought I'd join up in the forum and give my input ;)

WinAmp5 is very good - I feel its gonna get more buggy before it gets less buggy ... this release is based on the WA2 engine and I remember reading its going to be recoded (again) so this release is most probably NOT how the final release is going to be coded. I've been playing with it for a day or so now and have found only a few bugs, Video playback is reprogrammed which makes it much less buggy although cannot render quicker than 15fps with DivX and XViD ... or any other overlay CODEC! I very much like the addon for Shoutcast list downloading - this is a very nice feature. CPU usage totally depends on your soundcard - if you have a good hardware soundcard it will take up NO CPU useage while playing but with the likes of AC97' etc. you may experience some CPU time lost. RAM usage depends greatly on how much you have in the playlist - some earlyer figures I saw in the thread (10Mb or so) are most probably for one track? after having 2CDs worth of MP3s it pulls 22Mb and beyond!

When installing, I hope people told it there was no internet connection avalible or your firewall stopped it because that will give enough information away that your using an ILLEGAL copy of WinAmp ... although as said before - chances are they won't follow it up!

All in all, they've gone backwards but by going backwards, they've gone forwards (I didn't think much of WinAmp3, lol)!

i've got some prob wit the links posted there.. where else can i download it? cant find it at winamp.com

Thanks for link SPeedY_B. Downloaded prog no problem. Will now try it out

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back