Winamp 5 Discussion

nope sorry dude, just remembered catching it in the forums before the post was deleted

Ah, Guess we'll have to wait for it to spread a bit before we get to play then ;)

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
K! :)

Are you using a skin? it gave me an error beep when I had it running+skinned.

A pentium2 isn't your memory is it ;) what speed is the chip and how much system memory do you have?

I have a Pentium 2 400, and 320mb of RAM. Is that enough, I do notice that with the base skin on its only about 10mb of memory, but when skinned it boosts up alot to like 20-30mb (varies with the skin)

Could it possibly be the video card? I only got a cheap 8mb ATI card. :eek:

The processor may have something to do with it, I have a 1GHz AMD Athlon with 512mb here, and it took around 7mb to 9mb with the base skin (didn't check resources with other skins) I'd say that the resources you're getting would be around normal for your system. Pentium 2's were never exactly intended for decoding mp3s (were mp3s even round when PII's were launched?)
You must remember though that it's only an alpha and resource usage will probably improve over time as the development matures. :)

besides supporting some of the winamp 3 skins... what is the difference between winamp 2.91 and 5.0 in its current state...

ive noticed its about twice the size 4Mbs compared to about 2Mbs... whats all the extra stuff doing?

if anybody can help me with that... while you're at it... can somebody tell me what exactly the difference is between the 2.91 standard and full versions?

thanks
jason

Here is a link, this is my private source - You can not use a download manager with it .. and hopefully it works,, enjoy:

i have alpha2.. and i thought somebody said they have alpha4..

Yes, StaticFish mentioned that Alpha 4 is out, it doesn't appear to be as wide spread though so it's proving harder to find.

been using this a while now, both with skins and without and its not crashed once. just had the popup error when i close it and when i'm using a w3 skin. with w2 skins its fine and i havent been able to notice a difference between this and 2.91 that i was using before.

Originally posted by Jewelzz
Looks like somone else is tryng to take credit :rolleyes:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=1066551#post1066551

I sure in the hell hope you're not referring to me with that comment!
I was just reading threw this forum, lookin for Winamp 5 Alpha 4 links, and came across this and clicked the link. Took me right to a comment I made on the Winamp site.
I didn't start that thread, so obviousely I'm not the one posting the news, so obviousely I aint taking any credit. How could I? Credit for what, anyways???

I don't think it was aimed at you, rather at the thread, I think Jewelzz just copied whatever URL was in her browser at the time..

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
I don't think it was aimed at you, rather at the thread, I think Jewelzz just copied whatever URL was in her browser at the time..

I thought that may be the case too.
Had me a bit confused at first, when I ended up at an old post of mine, lol.
Anyways... I seen screenshots that had Alpha 4 in the about screen, so I'm searchin for a copy, lol. Probably wasn't real or just isn't around, but I'm an alpha/beta junkie, just gotta have em, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back