Winamp 5 Discussion

heh, fair enough, I still haven't come across it myself. But I'll definately share it when I do.

Originally posted by Kira Yamato
Alpha 2, and Alpha 4? what happened to 3?

Alpha 2? I have Alpha 1, and if there really is a 4, then there would be a 3 too, but when it comes to leaked versions, it doesn't mean people get ahold of every one.
I have the alpha 1 that is even mentioned at this site. Never heard of 2 or 3, but I seen screenshots that said alpha 4, but that was from someone showing a new "about" window image, you know, where the Winamp llama is, well this screenshot had a fancy picture of a llama. was actually pretty nice, but like I said, it could have been fake too.

2 and 3 are just probably nullsoft internals, that never see the light of day.

You live near stone henge?, i'm on my way to Winchester tommorow :)

well if you drive thru shrewton... I will most likely be in the plume and feathers ;)

if i wern't going down by train I would pop in and say hi :)

Come on Teddy.. If Wimamp could use any forum feedback for review to make improvements with the next alpha version or the first beta it would be here at NTFS. If these program developers were smart they'd be sending alpha version products over to NTFS right out of the blocks to get feedback from speedyB, enyo and you Teddy, as well as others.

Winamp 5.0 beta

hello

I'M a new here
who can tell me where i can download WINAMP 5.0 beta
I want to try

thnx Jacob:eek: :D :p :p

Hmm ... First post and asking for a prog - You leecher lol J/k dude ..

You can get it here:

Thread Merged
There are already plenty of links in this thread.

winamp 5 didn't even know it was even alpha released... what about winamp4?

Winamp 2 is small and fast.
Winamp 3 is bloated and hideous, BUT with freeform skins and video playback.

Winamp 5 = 2+3, or at least the best parts of both (ie: without Winamp3's bloat :) )

I uninstalled it and went back to 2.95 - I found a couple of annoying bugs in it, it is an awesome app and it will be great when it is done ... I can't wait till it's final :)

Yeah, if only they had done this in the first place. I mean..seriously.. what on earth were they thinking with Winamp3 ? The features are there, but I wouldn't even give it the credit of being release standard.

I'm still looking for that Alpha 4, I'm beginning to think that it's a myth or a fake :)

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Yeah, if only they had done this in the first place. I mean..seriously.. what on earth were they thinking with Winamp3 ? The features are there, but I wouldn't even give it the credit of being release standard.

I'm still looking for that Alpha 4, I'm beginning to think that it's a myth or a fake :)

I agree with what you said about Winamp3. Especially now that Winamp 5 does everything Winamp3 does, and is better.
Also, I too am wondering about that Alpha 4.
I'm just going by a screenshot I seen in the Winamp forums.
Instead of saying...
"v5.0prealphasuperleetness (x86) - Aug 17 2003"
the about box on the screenshot I seen had... "v5.0 a4" and a newer date, but I can't remember the exact date now, but was fairly recent anyways.
Oh well, the final should be released soon anyways, was supposed to be out by the end of the summer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back