The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

Perris - it is an entirely different device :) You can't flash to morph, although that would be cool. At best you could get WM 6.1 if your device will support it, but the new style that they are pimping will not be backwards compatible as they want you to fork out the cash to get the goodies.

Really thinking of getting myself a Samsung i900, I know windows mobile is clunky (have a HP IPAQ) but there is plenty of 3rd party software to make it nice a touch friendly :) Plus the hardware is great on this phone!

images

Last edited:
I guess it is, SMS is a little different and there are changes to the browser.
As far as my Kaiser goes I guess it is a little faster.

I am on the fence about getting a Diamond Touch Pro, but it is very expensive and I don't think it will make me use my phone than I do at the moment.

Perris, I have WM 6.1. It is well worth it. Threaded SMS is one of the big changes.

EP, I too am on the fence. The new interface looks pleasing and the additional speed and memory would be nice. But unless it comes down in price, I'm not moving from my Kaiser or Touch Dual.

Perris, I have WM 6.1. It is well worth it. Threaded SMS is one of the big changes.

EP, I too am on the fence. The new interface looks pleasing and the additional speed and memory would be nice. But unless it comes down in price, I'm not moving from my Kaiser or Touch Dual.
ooohh...threaded sms, me likey

going to get

Really thinking of getting myself a Samsung i900, I know windows mobile is clunky (have a HP IPAQ) but there is plenty of 3rd party software to make it nice a touch friendly :) Plus the hardware is great on this phone!

The i900 Omni is a great phone - but it won't do 3G here in the states yet. AT&T is supposed to come out with their version of the Omni in Q3 or Q4 of this year (or maybe spill over to Q1 of next year) which should do full 3G

The i900 Omni is a great phone - but it won't do 3G here in the states yet. AT&T is supposed to come out with their version of the Omni in Q3 or Q4 of this year (or maybe spill over to Q1 of next year) which should do full 3G

Hmmm do you know if that is a software or a hardware limitation?

i believe it's the hardware in that they never put the chip in to support the US frequencies for 3G

hmmm thats a shame, but in reality it mostly likely will not effect me. Trying to find the cheapest way of getting one at the moment dont really want a contract and they are going for £300+ on fleabay at the moment

I'm holding out for the Touch Pro which should be out late this year or early next year AFAIK.

The Touch Pro will be released via Sprint next month. The Touch Diamond this month. Too bad the worst carrier gets the best WM device first.

Will the Touch Pro be available for AT&T later on this year?

The Touch Pro will be released via Sprint next month. The Touch Diamond this month. Too bad the worst carrier gets the best WM device first.
sprint is the worst carrier?

it's regional, I have lived in florida, new york and california, sprint clearly as the best service in these three areas, with the most bandwidth for internet, as I posted before, using sprint phone as modem I get 2600 kps, this is faster then my dsl before I got fiber

sprint is really the best provider in certain areas, I suppose in others, not so much but it's regional

I'm sure they have a trial and you can use your old phone number, you should give them another go for a month or so to see if they've improved in your area, I would never switch to another provider, me loves me some sprint

If they were the best they wouldn't be suffering financially. Nextel was a huge mistake which they will never recover from. They will either be bought out by a Euro/Asian company or file for chapter 11.

anyone trythis?

kinoma media player, I am using the playfree version and I cannot believe how smooth this works

I'm having trouble getting the volume loud enough which I think you can do with equalizers available on the payed version but not the free version, going to try getting to those settings through the registry though

give this a go, I think you're gonna like it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back