The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

Using AKU 3.08 with radio 1.64.08.21 which seems to come with 5.2.19199 so is older than some cooked builds.

Radio is always risky, but I have seen 5.2.19716/19700 floating around.

Current ROM is a Vodafone "released" one so at least I know it will work.
I will prob go with the official HTC one when it is made available.

I haven't thought about 6.1 yet, looked into it a month ago, but decided not to do it. I depend on my phone too much.

The version I have is just as stable as 6, but generally doesn't bring much to the table.

Threaded SMS is a mixed bag. I like it but I have now been having the same conversation with someone for several months and there is no continuation anywhere and gaps of days. You should be able to split or close threads.

I haven't thought about 6.1 yet, looked into it a month ago, but decided not to do it. I depend on my phone too much.
Amen!

I want to be able to do ROM updates without having to sync with the PC damnit!

Um, no :D

It's WM 6.1 - which your device may, but the technology itself is specific to the diamond. A lot of the apps, such as the Youtube viewer, are actually custom written for the diamond.

Watch the video in that link, a bit long but pretty cool. I stopped towards the end, but the lack of QWERTY keyboard turned me off. I love my tilt (htc 8925) mostly for that reason. Someone kick me if they show a QWERTY in the last 30 seconds :p

Um, no :D

It's WM 6.1 - which your device may, but the technology itself is specific to the diamond. A lot of the apps, such as the Youtube viewer, are actually custom written for the diamond.

Watch the video in that link, a bit long but pretty cool. I stopped towards the end, but the lack of QWERTY keyboard turned me off. I love my tilt (htc 8925) mostly for that reason. Someone kick me if they show a QWERTY in the last 30 seconds :p
thanx chief

I tried watching the video but it is way too long in the tooth so I am relying on you

The Diamond is impressive, but not for me. I'm waiting for the follow-up to the TyTN II.

thanx chief

I tried watching the video but it is way too long in the tooth so I am relying on you

It was a bit long - as I said I gave up too :p

The Diamond is impressive, but not for me. I'm waiting for the follow-up to the TyTN II.

Interesting - post some info about that (I'm too lazy to search :p)

Didn't like WM6. Battery seemed to drain faster than on WM5. Lost some of the O2 tools as well on the upgrade, otherwise I think I'd have stayed on it.

There's a lot more going on with WM6 obviously - but there are many steps you can take to increase battery life :)

Current rumours suggest that HTC is close to releasing a ROM update for the Kaiser that will add proper driver support for the 3D chip ie have submitted to Qualcom over licencing.

Pretty cool if it is true as the chip is pretty similar to that on the Diamond (in name anyway) so we might be able to use that Manilla interface - although I doubt that will come as part of the update.

I just want a final version of 6.1.

Finally applied a ROM update to my tilt - was very behind. Running very snappy today :)

I'm hoping Samsung / AT&T releases WM6.1 for the BJII as soon as its final, instead of waiting a year like they did to release 6.0 for the BJI.

Was hoping the ROM update would clear an annoying issue I have from time to time, but no such luck.

Once and awhile when I go in to view my messages, it cuts off part of the screen and still shows the "Today" area in the bottom 1/4 of the screen. I can open a message and it will cover it, but scrolling is required for message selection below the area :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back