The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

I had hands on with the AT&T Fuze (HTC Touch Pro) today, a day before its release. I wasn't exactly impressed.

The Fuze is smaller than the HTC TyTN II (AT&T Tilt) and a bit lighter. The keyboard uses five rows with a dedicated row for numbers; unlike four rows for the HTC TyTN II.

The keyboard felt cramped. The Fuze is thicker than the HTC TyTN II.

Lastly, it didn't feel like it was as durable as the TyTN II.

I think I may hold off until HTC releases its next big thing (hopefully a US version of the Touch HD; or something similar since HTC says a US version will not be released).

Fitzy doesn't think I like you. He asked me about it today. I told him how much I hated you. Jerk.

Good to know the love is shared all over cyberspace :smoker:

Where is my FUZE?

At the AT&T store.

Also, my original review was wrong: The keyboard layout is different on the Fuze. The HTC Touch Pro has a dedicated row for 1 through 0 (the top row). The Fuze does away with that and forces you to use the FN key to access numbers.

Mmhmm tasty, will have to go check it out.

Boo for no 5th row though!

The Fuze has a fifth row, but it has more program buttons that launch AT&T programs.

I'll have to check this out, finally can today after work! Hooray!

I finally broke down and HardSPL'd my TyTN II. I then flashed it with the officially released ROM for Hong Kong users (World Wide English). Seems faster than previous ROMs, but the annoying 10 second dim bug still exists.

So it looks like my rom won't officially get a 6.5 upgrade (as it has no start button or something!) but I am pretty sure that I will be able to get a very good cooked rom on there when the time comes.

Currently thinking about using this guys ROMs - www.duttythroy.com but he is updating them so often at the moment I will wait until its more stable as I really like to customise my phone and would hate to wipe it every week :)

Who needs a mobile site anyway? :)

Shots taken from my TouchHD!

Attachments

• touch_hd.png
    touch_hd.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 104
  • touch_hd2.png
    touch_hd2.png
    110 KB · Views: 100

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back