The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

wondering when the hell Windows Mobile 6.1 will be available for the Motorola Q on AT&T.

anyone trythis?

kinoma media player, I am using the playfree version and I cannot believe how smooth this works

I'm having trouble getting the volume loud enough which I think you can do with equalizers available on the payed version but not the free version, going to try getting to those settings through the registry though

give this a go, I think you're gonna like it
could someone else please try this free player?

it's got internet radio, youtube, a bunch of other features too

it's butter smooth and the inerface is great, I would like to know what you guys think of it

I finally got Windows Mobile 6.1 for my Blackjack II (i617). Pretty nice upgrade, the threaded text messaging is nice. The biggest change for me is that GPS now connects in less than 30 seconds, before it would take up to 5 minutes.

I finally got Windows Mobile 6.1 for my Blackjack II (i617). Pretty nice upgrade, the threaded text messaging is nice. The biggest change for me is that GPS now connects in less than 30 seconds, before it would take up to 5 minutes.
so what do you think of the kimona player?

so what do you think of the kimona player?

Chill :) will check it out on my iPAQ tomorrow looks nice though especially interested in the streaming aspects.. Uses orb apparently

Wooo For the home server

Defiantly checking it out now, still looking into the Samsung i900 the more i read the more I want ;) just need to find it for the right price.....

Probably old news for most, but thought I would post this. A co-worker told me about pdanet - software that you can install on your mobile device and computer to use your phone as a modem without actually purchasing the service from your provider. Just get the license and you are good to go.

Don't know I have much use for it, but may give it a whirl someday, maybe.

http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/

The HTC Touch Diamond (and not the Sprint version) is coming stateside in a US (3G/GSM) flavor. Release date appears to be 9/29.

Yeah but correct me if I'm wrong but the Touch Diamond has no keyboard - isn't it all touch screen?

well this sucks..... it seems that installing 6.1 on my Q seriously hindered my battery performance. Unplugged it yesterday at around noon after letting it charge overnight..... and it was beeping due to low battery by midnight. As far as i know, pretty much the only thing that was running on it was Yahoo messenger.... which NEVER cut the battery life down that far prior to installing WM6.1

well this sucks..... it seems that installing 6.1 on my Q seriously hindered my battery performance. Unplugged it yesterday at around noon after letting it charge overnight..... and it was beeping due to low battery by midnight. As far as i know, pretty much the only thing that was running on it was Yahoo messenger.... which NEVER cut the battery life down that far prior to installing WM6.1
might be in message options, make sure you have notifications turned off after say 0ne minute or whatever you think is appropriate, if notifications are on indefinately you're not gonna get any battery life and I believe they are on indefineately by defualt

sooo.... would that possibly be why the backlight turns on quite frequently for no apparent reason?

and the only setting i could find that seemed relevant is "enable background IM notifications". seems like the messenger for WM 6.1 has a couple LESS options than the OS that came with the Motorola Q... think WM 6.

sooo.... would that possibly be why the backlight turns on quite frequently for no apparent reason?

and the only setting i could find that seemed relevant is "enable background IM notifications". seems like the messenger for WM 6.1 has a couple LESS options than the OS that came with the Motorola Q... think WM 6.

settings, sounds, notifications, events

set those up for time limits on notifications

i have no such options.... if i go into settings, then sounds.... it just gives me a list of the different sounds applied to different events. doesn't have any way to turn off notifications after a certain amount of time.

i have no such options.... if i go into settings, then sounds.... it just gives me a list of the different sounds applied to different events. doesn't have any way to turn off notifications after a certain amount of time.
when I use the scroll down to go into "new instant message", text message, missed call, voice mail, reminders, I have another scroll down that gives me time options, I don't think this is hardware specific it looks os native, you can even turn off the light notification and screen notifications if you want

Certain WM 6.1 builds appear to have a problem with the backlight on battery reverting back to 10 seconds regardless of how many times you change it to the desired setting. This issue plagues my TyTN II, but not my Touch Dual.

Well I running 6.1 on my Q9 global with the updated blackberry connect software. Loving the new GUI and things seem much speedier. Also installed windows mobile live search last week. Holy Moly I just say what I need and the damn thing pulls it up.

The next big thing coming from HTC.

The HTC Touch HD.

TouchHD1.jpg

TouchHD2.jpg

madmatt do you know if it will run Black Berry Connect on launch?
Also, is it true the BB Bold cpu will run a 1ghz?

Terrahertz, why are you asking about black berry apps and hardware when the HTC is a windows mobile device?

edit: please disregard the "terseness" of this message. It was not meant to be mean - my buttocks must have been tingling (see sig).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back