The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

WM 6.1 should be right around the corner for the Tilt. No word on the BlackJack II.

If the Tilt is the TytnII I think you will be pleasantly suprised.

I tested the version that came out a few months ago and more recently flashed the stock rom onto my hard-spl-d v1615 then flashed the stock spl over the top.

Performance is so much better now. It won't break any records but there are no freezes and the menus flow nicely.

Tilt = TyTN II

However, AT&T will screw up the ROM.

I think there are differences tho are there not?
Mine has two cameras and a different keyboard layout I think.

I also think after a patent dispute some of the tilts have a slightly revised chipset.

You are correct.

Not sure about the chipset. I likely have the same chipset as you because I received mine the day it was released.

Yeah I believe the revised chipset was either 7201 or 7200a, whereas mine is just 7200.

Seems with everything these days there is always something far far superior just around the corner.

Well there is also the one after the Diamond - has a keyboard, think its called the Raphael.

Yes, but the US version is rumored to be a CDMA device coming for Verizon, Sprint, Altel, etc. T-Mobile will have the Euro version.

Diamond and the Touch II don't have full QWERTY, so I'll pass.

Windows SideShow for Windows Mobile Developer Preview
Windows® SideShow™ for Windows Mobile® is an application for Windows Mobile 5 and Windows Mobile 6 Pocket PCs and Smartphones that allows you to use your Windows Mobile device as a Bluetooth SideShow-compatible device. This enables you to use your phone as an extra window into your PC. You can both access your computer’s information from your Pocket PC or Smartphone, and control the computer through a gadget interface. While the phone is out of range, or when your computer is off, you can continue to view content sent to the phone previously. This makes it easy to send information to the phone that you'll need later on.

The developer preview is an English-only release.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...84-f862-4e02-a2b0-0003b4565f34&DisplayLang=en

God, I have seen the quality for usability for Developer previews of IE for PC - I can't even imagine what it would be like for WM.

Oh sweet mother - I'll have to keep an eye on that and try to get RSS to their announcements :D

You gonna get one/either Matty?

I might pick up the Touch Dual because I am bored with the Tilt. However, I may hold off for the Diamond then get the Touch Pro when it is released. We'll see.

I'm thinking Touch Pro - need to compare specs to the Tilt and I am bored with it as well :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back