The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

Looks interesting although I have my doubts my Kaiser can do multitouch :)

I mean I think in a year or two phones will be sporting dual core processorts

amusingly I think some do actually have several cpus already.

Good News!
About 3 months ago, my friend bought an 8525... Amazing phone.
It seems he got bored of it, so he just bought the 8925, I capitalized on his boredom and purchased the 8525 from him for a small sum of 75 dollars.

I love it, this phone is amazing, i just bought a new battery on ebay, i really hope its better than the one in the phone, Im seriously getting like 20 hours of charge, with no talking at all, and no internet usage...

$75 for a 8525 is a great deal, hope you enjoy it :)

I still like my 8925 better, which I didn't pay much for at all :smoker:

So is anyone else with a Kaiser looking forward to HTC actually fixing the device? :p

Please help, my Tilt phone is driving me crazy...

1. My "TOOLS" Icon is missing from my Tilt's Program menu. I just noticed this, not sure when it first became a problem (I know it was there when I first got the phone). The only thing "new" that recently happened to my phone was that I had accidentally clicked/ran the RemoveHiddenProxy file, and then when one of my old programs wasn't syncing right because of Proxy issue, I ran the RestoreHiddenProxy file.

It's weird because the Tools folder is missing so i can't directly link to the icons that are usually there. But when I use my SBP Pockets Plus today plug-in I can "find/see" that those programs are still physically installed on my phone.

2. The ActiveSYNC with Outlook takes FOREVER. I had searched the internet extensively for a solution to this problem, thought i had fixed it by unchecking "Enable Advance Network Functionality" which seemed to help sync times for a few days, but again not syncing.

FYI, I haven't done anything crazy with my phone like registry edits or taking it apart. I have just couple commercially available programs on it, would like to add more programs but haven't yet mostly because the ActiveSync and other quirky issues. The funny thing is my husband got the same phone at the same time, and he hasn't had to babysit like i've had to.

1. Do you know what was in there? Chances are it was just a folder in WINDOWS\StartMenu in the same manner you see on a desktop.

2. What are you trying to sync? All mail, all attachments? Is there something large it has to check each time.

Perris: it sucks as I came from a HTC MTeor which was a great phone but not too hot with resellers due to initial battery problems. So I got a Kaiser - hugely popular but then let down by this.

1. There was a lot of stuff linked from the TOOLS icon, I looked at my husband's phone and this is what it has:
Proxy Manager
Adobe Reader LE
Bluetooth Explorer
Calculator
Camera
File Explorer
Java
QuickGPS
Search
Sim Manager
Sprite Backup
Voice Speed Dial
Zip

And the icon wasn't just a Shortcut to the "Tools Folder" that's found under File Explorer > My Device > Program Files > Tools folder....because that "Tools Folder" is empty on both my Tilt & my husband's Tilt, but my Tilt Icon links are missing while he has his still.

2. I am only activesyncing my Outlook Contacts & Calendar, plus I have a reference program that updates every 3 weeks or so. I haven't even tried syncing other stufff cause I need my calendar to be done first; I( used to own a palm and could sync an even more complicated calendar and tons of stuff without it taking more than a few minutes). I'm not syncing mail, attachments, photos or media files, or anything like that.

>1. My "TOOLS" Icon is missing from my Tilt's Program menu...

Do you know what was in there? Chances are it was just a folder in WINDOWS\StartMenu in the same manner you see on a desktop.

>2. The ActiveSYNC with Outlook takes FOREVER...

What are you trying to sync? All mail, all attachments? Is there something large it has to check each time.

Last edited:
No its actually a folder under the start menu that contains all those times.

Still waiting for the official 6.1 rom, but running the test version.

Attachments

• PunkPhone.jpg
    PunkPhone.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 108
Still waiting for the official 6.1 rom, but running the test version.
I have versin 3.35.651.2 and it seems pretty good

with this version I can access full bandwidth of my network and when I use my phone as modem right now I get two megs download

not bad for a mobile phone and i am worried with that kind of bandwidth not to keep my phone two close to the children I plan to have in the future, I no longer keep the phone in my pocket

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back