The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

Going to head into the city after work and I am not coming home until I have a Kaiser.
Unless they are out of stock in which case I will just moan about it.

Exciting stuff. Besides the moaning and whatnot. The Kaiser is simply the best Windows Mobile device out there right now.

fitzy, not me.

Perris, that would be the Titan.

Got it :D

Now trying to un**** what Vodafone did to it.

The Kaiser is the Titan II I think.

HTC's internal name for it is the Kaiser. HTC branded Kaiser's are known as the TyTN II.

HTC's internal name for the 6800 is Titan. The Titan is CDMA only and therefore not sold directly by HTC.

THe Kaiser is their top of the line model right now. Some of the highlights include a faster device, more RAM and ROM, features TouchFLO, and has a tilting screen.

EP: Copy the TSK file to \Windows. Read this post for some must have addons.

http://forum.osnn.net/showpost.php?p=810778&postcount=727

Keep in mind that some of those addons are for the Tilt only (such as the remove hidden proxy).

Yeah, I got the homescreen on and the dialer, put windows live search on and messseger... all good stuff :D

fitz: I know someone from New Zealand who just happened to be in Amsterdam, so I will give them a grilling - Paul from Modaco was there and says the stuff was cool but couldn't give more away.

Seen some cool collaborations on the interfaces that I hope will be shown.

Matt, got most things working pretty well, but still learning alot. Added a few other files as well which I will double check later, but if you have a TYTNII as well you might be interested.

I need to update my weather with:
http://www.accuweather.com/world-in...ccuweather&locCode=EUR|UK|UK243|Shrewton|&u=1

Then I am set :D

You have my instructions on how to change up the city?

0? How did you pull that off?

Yeah, just saw them - I did have Salisbury but thats 8 miles away - totally inaccurate!

I have no idea how I got a free upgrade, especially when the website says at least £220 plus I still had 3 months on my existing contract.

To the men of the moble world, I'm new to this (Job made me)and wonder a couple of things, I have a moto Q, will WM6 be upgradable for it? I'm using Verizon? What is a great site for moble programs?

Lawman, the Moto Q Pro/Black or the original Q? Verizon normally doesn't release updates and since the Q Pro/Black is newer and they still haven't.... Well, don't get your hopes up.

However, the VX6800 ships with WM6.

Thanks Matt, I got a chance to talk with one of there tech who stated the same thing not enough interal memory.

KaiserTweak
Yup also using this, has some great tweaks in there although some options are black or white, when I want grey!

HTC Action Screen
Didn't find this one much use to be honest.

HTC Home Screen
Came with my ROM!

Touch Phone Dialer
A pretty good 2G dialer to replace my 3G dialer, but the latter looks horrid so I am waiting for a non beta 3G dialer.

Windows Mobile Black
Got this and the tweak to actually make it proper black, looks much better! Also got some ultimate wallpaper on the go!

In addition, I have been doing my own research!

Remote Desktop
Another obvious one, seems to work pretty wel although not really useable - good for emergencies?

Black Calcular skin from the Elf
Exactly what it says, to replace the Windows 3.1 style one

Commercial stuff
Google Maps, Opera, Live Search, Live Messenger, Yahoo Go, Total Commander, WinRAR

Funky Stuff
WorldCard, Quickmark

HTC Touch Keyboard + Keypad
Pretty and black but pretty huge too.

10 button Comm Manager
Looks better than the blue background one and has more options too!

Tytnii.png

Work continues, screen looks pretty boring, but fits with both the keypad opened and closed.

Re: New toy: Windows Mobile 5.0 phone

Good point. I'm almost sold.

I can't believe the Cingular model doesn't come with a dock. All PocketPCs and SmartPhones come with docks!
but why do you even want a dock?

usb charges the phone and if you aren't hooked up to your computer the charger is easier to use then the dock

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back