The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

Aren't BonEcho and Firefox kept separate on windows ?

They live quite happily side by side on OS X :)

SPeedY_B said:
Aren't BonEcho and Firefox kept separate on windows ?

They live quite happily side by side on OS X :)
I think they use the same profile unless you explicitly create a new one for Bon Echo.
I'm not sure though; I use the two different versions on separate machines.

Though I doubt anyone cares, SeaMonkey 1.0.2 hit same time as FF update and is still leaps above it. :p

From recent events, I am thinking to use the Gmail Web Interface (instead of Thunderbird), how would I go about this?

I know if I just close Thunderbird and never open it again, I still would not receive my emails in Gmail. What do I need to do to make it work again?

Bman™ said:
From recent events, I am thinking to use the Gmail Web Interface (instead of Thunderbird), how would I go about this?[QUOTE/=Bman™]

Are you looking for an gmail extension for firefox? If so, I recommend GMAIL Manager. you can use multiple Gmail accounts. it rocks.

Features

* Manage multiple Gmail accounts
* Receive new mail notifications
* Tooltip with account details including new mail snippets
* One-click access for loading Gmail in a tab/window
* Mailto: links detection
* Quick mail compose menu for Gmail accounts
* Customizable icon placement in the statusbar or toolbar area

link

no I mean I have been using Thunderbird, all emails go to thunderbird, i cant recieve them from gmail.com.....

I want to start using gmail, as in gmail.com or whatever....

Portable Firefox 1.5.0.4 & Thunderbird for Mac now Available:)

Portable Firefox 1.5.0.4 For Mac (Universal Binary) link

Portable Thunderbird 1.5.0.4 For Mac (Universal Binary)link

enjoy..

Bman™ said:
no I mean I have been using Thunderbird, all emails go to thunderbird, i cant recieve them from gmail.com.....

I want to start using gmail, as in gmail.com or whatever....
maybe you should start a thread for your email issues - you seem confused... if you start one please state what email account you are using (if it is a GMAIL one then you surely ARE confused!)....

I don't need to start one.....I uninstalled Thunderbird, and things are fixed.

I'm just not good at explaining things

Whats with the new Firefox update? I thought updates were supposed to be improvements! not screw-ments! damn thing will not add bookmarks proper or open tabs with the right click menu or save the customised layout.

Not much to require!

And .3 doesnt work now either. .4 has screwed the settings :dead:

EDIT

Fixed. *resumes the love/hate relationship with the browser*

Last edited:
What was the fix?

Or better yet, what fudged it?

What was the fix?

Or better yet, what fudged it?

The fix:

1- back up bookmarks.

http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

2- delete the mozilla folders in the profile folder and programs folder.

3- re-install mozilla.

4- prepare for possible random memory leak. Well, I do. Im scared of them. So many times they just happen!

And for the cause:

Im not too sure. I opened up firefox and it said that the update had completed and it messed up my ultra minimalistic layout: consisting just the menu bar and address bar. Maybe the update corrupted some files. I dont know.

Firefox 2 Visual Update/Default Theme Update

A small team was brought together to explore and guide the development of an update to the default theme for Firefox 2.

And it looks very nice:)

http://wiki.mozilla.org/FX2_Visual_Update
Fx2-new-theme-in-xp-v1.jpg

Can I customise my keyboard shortcuts?

eg. ctrl+n = Open in new tab

Where exactly does it tell me how and/or if I can customise said shortcuts?

ie. currently ctrl+n = open in new window, however I would really like to change this to ctrl+n = open in new tab.

And while I'm at it, is it possible to have the status bar appear up the top?

I misread your post, to make it simple. you can use this extension to customize you key shortcuts it works very well...

link

hope it helps..:)

Last edited:
For anyone on a Mac who wants to try Firefox built on Cocoa, rather than Carbon, give it a try here: http://josh.trancesoftware.com/mozilla/firefox-3.0a1.cocoa.dmg

Of course, it's pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-alpha, in-fact, it doesn't even know what alpha means, so don't blame me if it eats your pets (or home directory :p). Though, I've personally not had any trouble with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back